Come Build Robots
At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We're looking for software and hardware engineers interested in working on the systems that underpin modern robotics: high performance sensors, localization, mapping, object detection, tracking and classification. Our team is composed of engineers that wear many hats and enjoy building robots that cope with the messiness of the real world. All of us push code, some of us build hardware, and none of us wants to wait another decade for cars and drones to be driving themselves.
Ouster is looking for a mechatronics equipment engineer to develop automated manufacturing and test systems to scale LIDAR manufacturing and develop methods for new product introduction. You will collaborate with an exceptional engineering team to scale our production volumes and make affordable 3D sensing a reality.
The Ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- 3+ years experience in machine design (Solidworks, Creo, NX or other 3D modeling software) and experience with design for manufacturability.
- 3+ years experience designing opto-electro-mechanical systems including motion control, vision systems, lasers and general optics design
- 3+ years experience in designing automation software including high-level programming (Python, Matlab, C++ or similar), database fundamentals (MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar) and data analysis (Python, JMP or similar)
- Experience with electrical system integration including debugging sensor and power systems, cable design and routing.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and best practices is a bonus.
- Enjoys owning complex projects end-to-end from prototyping parts, collaborating with other engineers, to polishing the final product to be used by operations team and technicians.
- Proficient at tolerance analysis, ANSI drawing standards and common inspection equipment and methodology.
- Independent and results-oriented, and able to set and meet schedules in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.
- Qualifications: B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field, relevant work experience.