Senior Hardware and Reliability Test Engineer
Job Title: Senior Hardware and Reliability Test Engineer
At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We're looking for software and hardware engineers interested in working on the systems that underpin modern robotics: high performance sensors, localization, mapping, object detection, tracking and classification. Our team is composed of engineers who wear many hats and enjoy building robots that cope with the messiness of the real world. All of us push code, some of us build hardware, and none of us wants to wait another decade for cars and drones to be driving themselves.
Ouster is looking for a Senior Hardware and Reliability Test Engineer to help us develop Hardware Design Validation and Reliability Test strategies and infrastructure for Ouster Products. You will be tasked with developing and executing sophisticated Design Validation, Accelerated Life testing and DOE methodologies, and analyzing the results using sophisticated analytical tools. Coordinating Internal and External test resources, Developing Automated Test capability and strong collaboration with Engineering to resolve test failures are key aspects of your role. We’d love to have your passion for Hardware Design Validation/Reliability Testing to help us to field products with industry-leading Quality and Reliability.
For this, you will need to possess:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in EE or applicable fields
- 8+ year’s relevant experience in areas requiring complex Hardware Design Validation and Reliability testing to high quality and long field life requirements.
- Telecom or Automotive sector Hardware Design Verification and/or Reliability Test experience is a plus
- Formal training in /Applicable experience with Reliability Test Methodologies.
- Strict discipline with good test practices: Careful Test design/setup/execution, rigorous failure analysis and documentation of all results
- Willingness to delve into details of any non-nominal system behavior and work collaboratively with Engineering to resolve the issues found.
- Must have Python scripting skills
- Strong Initiative and motivation to obtain what you need to execute your task.