Come Build Robots
At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We're looking for software and hardware engineers interested in working on the systems that underpin modern robotics: high performance sensors, localization, mapping, object detection, tracking and classification. Our team is composed of engineers that wear many hats and enjoy building robots that cope with the messiness of the real world. All of us push code, some of us build hardware, and none of us wants to wait another decade for cars and drones to be driving themselves.
Embedded Linux guru who will be working with the hardware team to design, build and implement firmware and software for a pseudo realtime embedded linux system. Special focus on developing a highly robust, fault tolerant system architecture. You will be working in a team with electrical engineers and FPGA-firmware engineers, so you need to have an interest in touching hardware and having fun in the lab.
- At least 5 years of experience shipping embedded Linux based products.
- Strong knowledge of embedded Linux (e.g. boot loader, kernel, boot flow, filesystems, networking, etc)
- Strong C and/or C++ programming skills in user space as well as kernel space
- Experience working with the Linux kernel (e.g. writing a driver, customizing the kernel and the boot process, high speed DMA, interrupt handling)
- Intimately familiar with system architecture from BSP development to product lifecycle planning (i.e OS updates)
- Experience with hardware troubleshooting and debugging
- Experience constructing a cross-compilation SDK
- BONUS: Understands Hardware Description Language (HDL)
- BONUS: Experience using the ZYNQ chip made by Xilinx