Come Build Robots
At Ouster, we build sensors and tools for engineers, roboticists, and researchers so they can make the world safer and more efficient. We've transformed LIDAR from an analog device with thousands of components to an elegant digital device powered by one chip-scale laser array and one CMOS sensor. The result is a full range of high-resolution LIDAR sensors that deliver superior imaging at a dramatically lower price. Our advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms are used in autonomous cars, drones and many other applications. If you’re motivated by solving big problems, we’re hiring key roles across the company and need your help!
We are looking for an Embedded Linux guru who will be working with the hardware team to design, build and implement firmware and software for a pseudo real-time embedded linux system. Special focus on developing a highly robust, fault tolerant system architecture. You will be working in a team with electrical engineers and FPGA-firmware engineers, so you need to have an interest in touching hardware and having fun in the lab.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience shipping embedded Linux based products.
- General knowledge of embedded Linux (e.g. boot loader, kernel, boot flow, filesystems, networking, etc)
- Strong C and/or C++ programming skills in user space
- Intimately familiar with system architecture from BSP development to product lifecycle planning (i.e OS updates)
- Developed software for Hardware products
- Experience with a cross-compilation SDK for Hardware
- Experience working with the Linux kernel (e.g. writing a driver, customizing the kernel and the boot process, high speed DMA, interrupt handling)
- Understands Hardware Description Language (HDL)
- Experience using the ZYNQ chip made by Xilinx
Ouster is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Ouster does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ouster also strives for a healthy and safe workplace, and prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ouster considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.