About the role
As ML research engineer at Ought, you will
- Compose together multiple calls to language models to accomplish tasks that we can't accomplish with a single call, as in this paper
- Curate datasets for finetuning models, e.g. for training models to extract policy conclusions from papers
- Set up evaluation metrics that tell us what changes to our models or training setup are improvements
- Scale up semantic search from a few thousand documents to 100k+ documents
A longer list of ML-related projects we're working on soon:
Reasoning about the future will be much better with better infrastructure. To help us get there, you'll need:
- A strong software engineering background. We want to apply your experience building systems, designing architecture, and thinking about good abstractions. Ought will need you to do much more than write scripts.
- Familiarity with language models (training, finetuning, evaluation), or comparable machine learning or natural language processing background (e.g. experience with information extraction, semantic search)
- A startup mindset. We expect to measure our impact in part by the people whose lives we improve through reasoning and models of the future. We know you care about that too. You’ll want to test lots of ideas, get feedback, and watch yourself learning and growing every day.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Ought is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.