About our roles
If you're interested in working at Ought but don't see an immediate fit with one of our roles, submit a general interest application below. Some things you could end up doing:
- Gather data from users on decompositions of forecasting questions
- Design and test language model experiments or prototypes
- Participate in evaluations of new tools for thought
Some projects we're working on soon:
People who thrive at Ought often demonstrate or resonate with the following:
- A yes-and approach to brainstorming. Our best ideas have a little piece of everyone in them.
- A streamlined funnel from ideas into tests, prototypes, paper sketches. We try to show more than tell.
- Organizing and communicating thoughts in writing.
- A startup mindset. We expect to measure our impact in part by the people whose lives we improve through better reasoning and models of the future.
- Thinking about thinking.
- Interest in Bayesian reasoning, probabilistic programming, functional programming (e.g. SICP), programmable software (e.g., Emacs, Vim), or symbolic AI (e.g. PAIP)
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Ought is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.