Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
We are looking for a full-time Merchandising Intern to support our Assortment Analytics Merchandising team. In this role you will work on both analytic and commercial projects, supporting the wider team with analysis of our stock intake and inventory performance, as well as enhancing our digital site experience and ensuring a smooth running of day-to-day operations.
Are you the person we are looking for, that has a data-savvy mindset and a commercial eye?!
The Merchandising team at Otrium is split into two different pillars: Assortment Strategy and Visual Merchandising. For this role within Assortment Merchandising, you will provide assortment insights around the full inventory lifecycle, through performing in-depth inventory analysis to enable data-driven decisions and working closely with various stakeholders from different departments within the organisation.
This is a unique opportunity to gain an inside perspective within an e-commerce startup and build deep functional expertise. In short, a fun and hands-on internship in the heart of the company where you help to further accelerate Otrium's growth.
- Together with the wider team, manage overall stock intake and execute inventory checks, selections & quality insights for our brand partners and internal teams
- Perform inventory analysis throughout the full stock lifecycle with a focus on sell-through performance, and ensuring that the right products are sold at the right time
- Support with weekly reviews of new inventory drops going live on site, to inform relevant stakeholders on the quality, seasonality and volume of stock
- Support with creating stock clearance selections by identifying slow-moving stock, working together with the internal B2B marketplace team
- Analyse platform promotion performance for the assortment based on page performance and product sell-through
- Work closely with different departments to gain a broad understanding of the business, including partnerships, pricing, and B2B marketplace
- You are currently studying towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative subject - Business Analytics, Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent
- Available for 6 months, starting date 15th of January 2024
- Hard requirements: Residence in the Netherlands and student enrolment or recent graduate with a working visa
- Previous experience through an internship in a fast-paced working environment, fashion merchandising or e-commerce is a plus, but not required
- You have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- You take ownership and are eager to learn
- Previous experience with Excel/GSheets and data visualisation
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is looking to start a career in fashion and e-commerce. You will gain valuable experience and knowledge while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. If you are a hard-working and dedicated individual with a passion for fashion and a drive to succeed, we encourage you to apply for this exciting internship opportunity.
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Only together - We are a human business. We are empathetic. We are inclusive. We care about each other, our customers and partners. We know that developing innovative solutions in today’s fast-pace world is complex. It takes more than one person to succeed!
- #Humble and Real - We are grateful, we are humble, we are open. We listen, we learn, we share. We’re modest and always open to the possibilities and different perspectives.
- #We own it - We are passionate, high performing, we drive for output. We bring things home! We are agile and adaptable problem solvers. Prepared to fail and learn fast, we embrace and share mistakes so that we learn from them.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!