Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
Our B2B Marketplace department is a distinct business unit within Otrium, focused on matching excess inventory with stock buyers. It's a separate strategy from our B2C Marketplace, and we're on the path to exponential growth. As a small and dynamic team, we're building this vertical from the ground up, and we're seeking a versatile intern to join us. If you're not afraid to get your hands dirty and want to make a direct impact on a rapidly growing business unit, this is the opportunity for you.
Support throughout the full commercial process:
- Conduct market research and data analysis to support decision-making processes: provide recommendations on whether certain deals are worthwhile.
- Assist in internal and external communications, which may include drafting emails, reports, or presentations.
- Manage the operational deal flow: provide support in day-to-day administrative functions, including data entry, file management, and document preparation. Liaise with cross functional teams, including legal, finance and logistics.
- Identify bottlenecks in the commercial process and propose enhancements to streamline operations. Play a crucial role in shortening the deal cycle.
- Brainstorm and contribute ideas on how the digital B2B Marketplace can evolve and improve to facilitate exponential growth.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Business, Management, Marketing, Communications (specific field not a requirement)
- Self-starter: You're proactive and don't wait for instructions to get things done.
- Eye for detail: You’re detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills.
- Open to learn from different opportunities: You're flexible and willing to take on a wide range of responsibilities.
- Easy communicator: You can effectively convey ideas and collaborate with various teams.
- Commercial and analytical: You have a strong business acumen and the ability to analyze data.
- Experience with Excel: Familiarity with Excel is a plus, as it will be a valuable tool in your role.
- Available for a full-time 6 months internship
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Only together - We are a human business. We are empathetic. We are inclusive. We care about each other, our customers and partners. We know that developing innovative solutions in today’s fast-pace world is complex. It takes more than one person to succeed!
- #Humble and Real - We are grateful, we are humble, we are open. We listen, we learn, we share. We’re modest and always open to the possibilities and different perspectives.
- #We own it - We are passionate, high performing, we drive for output. We bring things home! We are agile and adaptable problem solvers. Prepared to fail and learn fast, we embrace and share mistakes so that we learn from them.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!