Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
You will be part of a team that owns the end to end processing of product data showing live on the online shop. You will work on Microservices Architecture and develop software - your goal will be to design highly scalable, reliable software and ensure continuous improvement in development processes.
Engineering excellence should be at your core, with a special focus on monitoring, alerting and logging. You will work closely with product management, business stakeholders and partners to develop new features. If you are data-driven and love taking ownership, then this could be the opportunity for you!
- Develop advanced Microservices to meet our business requirements
- Incorporate new features into front-end applications
- Create unit and integration tests
- Take full responsibility for entire modules and consistently enhance them
- Follow best practices, uphold clean architecture, and solid principles
- Present your development progress to your stakeholders
- Introduce or recommend best practices for the team
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 3+ years' experience with React, HTML, CSS on building large scale applications
- 3+ years' Experience with NodeJS on building large scale backend applications & micro-services
- Experience with Typescript and NodeJS based frameworks such as ExpressJS/Next.js
- Experience with SQL databases like MySQL and NoSQL data stores like MongoDB.
- Experience in distributed or cloud-based environments, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong advocate for - and follower of - Agile development
- Analytical problem-solving, with the ability to take ownership
- A great team player attitude - you are both humble and real
- Fluent in English (other languages are a plus!)
You get extra points for…
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel
- Experience with Micro Frontend Architecture
- Experience with event driven architectures and domain driven design
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Only together - We are a human business. We are empathetic. We are inclusive. We care about each other, our customers and partners. We know that developing innovative solutions in today’s fast-pace world is complex. It takes more than one person to succeed!
- #Humble and Real - We are grateful, we are humble, we are open. We listen, we learn, we share. We’re modest and always open to the possibilities and different perspectives.
- #We own it - We are passionate, high performing, we drive for output. We bring things home! We are agile and adaptable problem solvers. Prepared to fail and learn fast, we embrace and share mistakes so that we learn from them.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!