Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
As a member of Otrium’s Finance team you will work closely with multiple departments in the company. You will help our organization to become even stronger, while understanding the essence of brand relationships and financial operations. You will be in occasional contact with the brands and you will ensure that we fulfill their financial requirements and help Partner Service to maintain the relationships in regards to Finance. You will be responsible for further developing and assisting the finance team in all accounting and operational tasks.
- Generating and booking of sales, VAS and marketplace invoices
- Performing in depth checks on sales invoices
- Booking of revenue and COGS journal entries, as well as other entries related to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Support Partner Service in maintaining the relationship with the brand partners by advising on Finance related questions or by preparing account statements or performing reconciliations
- Assuring a correct brand partner’s setup in the accounting system including brand’s financial verification
- Maintaining and upholding loan agreements and agreed commissions
- Assisting with the preparation of payment batches
- Supporting the Finance team by performing month-end tasks (book-keeping, booking of journal entries and card statements)
- You have HBO diploma in Finance or in the direction of Business Administration
- You already have Accounting experience, either as an Intern, Working-Student or as a Junior Accountant
- Basic knowledge of accounting softwares or ERP systems (NetSuite) would be a plus
- You have knowledge and relevant experience in MS Office Suite
- You have excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written communication skills
- You have a proactive work attitude, strong organizational skills and are able to cope with challenges
- You are a team player who knows how to get things done
- You are flexible and you can work well independently
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Only together - We are a human business. We are empathetic. We are inclusive. We care about each other, our customers and partners. We know that developing innovative solutions in today’s fast-pace world is complex. It takes more than one person to succeed!
- #Humble and Real - We are grateful, we are humble, we are open. We listen, we learn, we share. We’re modest and always open to the possibilities and different perspectives.
- #We own it - We are passionate, high performing, we drive for output. We bring things home! We are agile and adaptable problem solvers. Prepared to fail and learn fast, we embrace and share mistakes so that we learn from them.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!