Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
At Otrium you will work with talented people from all around the world and use agile development principles. We love to help each other, and our power comes from the team game. We are a hardcore Agile team, always iterating and striving for a better, faster and scalable product.
You will be part of a team responsible for architecting, designing, and building the cutting-edge invoicing system of the future. Your primary objective will be the development of software that not only attains 100% accuracy but also boasts exceptional scalability and unwavering reliability. Furthermore, you will be instrumental in driving continuous enhancement in our development processes. Engineering excellence should be core to you with a special focus on monitoring/alerting/logging. You will work closely with product management and business stakeholders to develop new features. You should be data-driven and love taking ownership.
We are hiring a Senior Node.js Developer who will be part of the FinTech team building the best in class invoicing system of the future. This is what you will be doing:
- Designing and developing the new invoicing system
- Writing code that's clean, maintainable, high-performance, and scalable
- Writing comprehensive unit tests and actively participating in peer reviews
- Peer testing of new features
- Taking ownership of all components of the product
- Meeting code commit and deployment schedules
- Encouraging a learning culture through feedback
- Documenting workflows and integration points
- Promoting engineering excellence and best practices within the team
You are an accomplished Software Engineer who excels at delivering high-quality code and is proactive in suggesting improvements to existing features and processes. Your optimistic outlook enables you to focus on solutions rather than problems, promoting a positive work environment for yourself and your colleagues. In addition to these qualities, you bring:
- 3+ years of experience in building and deploying Node.js microservices
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- Proficiency in SQL, with a knack for crafting optimised, intricate queries
- Solid expertise in designing and building highly scalable applications
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles, system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Proficiency in test planning and case creation, along with the ability to define testing strategies and effectively troubleshoot complex issues
- Extensive experience handling high-volume data
- Knowledge of Queueing Systems, NestJS and Serverless technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of PHP, e-commerce, and finance is considered a valuable asset
- Exceptional communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- A collaborative, humble, and genuine team player
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Only together - We are a human business. We are empathetic. We are inclusive. We care about each other, our customers and partners. We know that developing innovative solutions in today’s fast-pace world is complex. It takes more than one person to succeed!
- #Humble and Real - We are grateful, we are humble, we are open. We listen, we learn, we share. We’re modest and always open to the possibilities and different perspectives.
- #We own it - We are passionate, high performing, we drive for output. We bring things home! We are agile and adaptable problem solvers. Prepared to fail and learn fast, we embrace and share mistakes so that we learn from them.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!