Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
Otrium is seeking a dynamic Global Business Development Manager with a proven track record of closing enterprise level deals and establishing successful partnerships at a high growth scale up and/or retail company. As a Global Business Development Manager you are responsible for consistently launching strategic partnerships, inspiring them in Otrium’s story and our purpose driven mission.
- Launch strategic partnerships in order to build a world class off-price marketplace.
- Manage business development funnel of prospect partners to ensure monthly and quarterly targets are consistently achieved.
- Consistently have outlook on MTD, QTD and YTD forecast.
- Identify blockers and partner cross-functionally to improve internal processes.
- Strong understanding of Otrium’s unique value proposition and services, as well as the overall off-price landscape; surface way to stay competitive in the market and refine UVP
- This role is an Individual Contributor (no direct reports) role reporting into the Director of Global Business Development. Together you will create a strategy to meet individual KPIs.
- An experienced sales professional with +7-10 years in Business Development experience, within a high-growth fast-paced retail technology scale-up environment;
- Experience in the fashion industry required; experience in off-price a big plus. Experience within account management side is valued, however, the ideal candidate would have a proven track record of launching new partnerships at the Enterprise level. Launching partnerships would include having completed outreach to new partner, pitched product, negotiated commercial and legal terms and oversaw partner onboarding
- Results Orientated: Have a proven track record of exceeding targets and consistently seek out opportunities to improve and deliver work that exceed expectations. Proactively works to remove operational barriers to grow the business.
- A Collaborator: You are well-spoken, analytical, adaptable and consistently have a growth mindset. You easily establish strong working relationships across departments beyond partnerships.
- A Strategic & Critical Thinker: You understand our business and ask the right questions to move the business forward. You consistently strive to find opportunities to make wider contributions to the team to maximise business impact, You bring new ideas and solutions to the team that energise and inspire
- Living in the Netherlands and fluent in English
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Only together - We are a human business. We are empathetic. We are inclusive. We care about each other, our customers and partners. We know that developing innovative solutions in today’s fast-pace world is complex. It takes more than one person to succeed!
- #Humble and Real - We are grateful, we are humble, we are open. We listen, we learn, we share. We’re modest and always open to the possibilities and different perspectives.
- #We own it - We are passionate, high performing, we drive for output. We bring things home! We are agile and adaptable problem solvers. Prepared to fail and learn fast, we embrace and share mistakes so that we learn from them.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!