Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
As a Cyber Security Intern, you will play a critical role in reinforcing and maintaining our cybersecurity infrastructure. Your contributions will bolster the resilience of our operations and data against potential cyber threats, ensuring that our services remain secure, reliable, and efficient.
This internship will offer a breadth of experience, encompassing a wide variety of cybersecurity skills including incident response, data breach prevention, cloud security, mobile device management, network security, application security, and security awareness training.
By working closely with our expert teams across various projects, you will not only contribute to the security of our systems but also gain a comprehensive understanding of advanced cybersecurity techniques and best practices. You'll have the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge in real-world contexts, while gaining hands-on experience in critical areas of cybersecurity.
Your time at Otrium will help you build a solid foundation for a career in cybersecurity, and we're committed to supporting your learning and growth throughout this journey.
- Assisting in Implementing Security Infrastructure: Participate in several key initiatives including the development of a zero-trust road map, configuration of Mobile Device Management for company-owned devices, and implementation of Cloudflare Access network segmentation based on employee organizational units.
- Supporting Vulnerability Mitigation Efforts: Work with the DevOps team and developers to identify and address vulnerabilities in the AWS environment and in NodeJS and PHP projects. You'll also help in the setup of a Data Leak prevention solution to prevent unauthorized data transmission.
- Facilitating Secure Access: Assist in implementing an MDMLess solution using Cloudflare Warp for non-company owned devices, and support the setup of the Chrome Security Extension to facilitate Employee SSO Access.
- Contributing to Access Control Measures: Learn about and assist in developing an Access Control Matrix to manage system access efficiently.
- Assisting in Security Alert Management: Learn about and assist in the implementation of a Security Information and Event Management (SEIM) solution for real-time analysis of security alerts.
- Participating in Security Awareness Programs: Be involved in the design and execution of Phishing Campaigns and Data Breach exercises, which aim to raise staff awareness about cyber threats and assess our preparedness.
- Supporting Security Automation Efforts: Assist in the development of Google App Scripts for security automation, and help maintain our email security systems.
- This comprehensive set of responsibilities will provide a broad exposure to the field of cybersecurity, allowing you to develop a wide range of skills and practical knowledge.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Systems or a related field (or recent graduated);
- Living in the Netherlands;
- Eligible for an internship, for around 6 months, 40h (or 32h) hours per week, starting between July and September 2023;
- Knowledgeable about basic cybersecurity concepts, tools, and methodologies;
- Familiar with cloud technologies, preferably AWS, and web technologies such as NodeJS and PHP;
- Able to collaborate effectively with diverse teams;
- Eager to learn, proactive, and a strong problem solver;
- Fluent in English.
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Only together - We are a human business. We are empathetic. We are inclusive. We care about each other, our customers and partners. We know that developing innovative solutions in today’s fast-pace world is complex. It takes more than one person to succeed!
- #Humble and Real - We are grateful, we are humble, we are open. We listen, we learn, we share. We’re modest and always open to the possibilities and different perspectives.
- #We own it - We are passionate, high performing, we drive for output. We bring things home! We are agile and adaptable problem solvers. Prepared to fail and learn fast, we embrace and share mistakes so that we learn from them.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!