Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
The Pricing Engine Team is making sure that all items available via otrium.com are being offered at the price contributing to our company purpose: that all clothing should be worn. As Data Engineer you will be working closely with Pricing Specialists and ML Engineers. Your goal will be to ensure the availability and quality of data (coming from internal and external sources) so that we can make the best pricing decisions and feed the Smart Pricing Engine every day.
If you feel energized by our mission and want to make a difference, just keep reading:
- You will build and optimize ‘big data’ ETL pipelines in Spark and Airflow - consolidate data relating to the business from disparate sources, collaborate with teams to integrate more data sources
- You will play a critical role in the development of our Smart Pricing engine by developing a robust end-to-end architecture
- You will be the go-to person for all data streams within the Pricing Product team
- You will develop complex data models used by multiple teams to optimize pricing, margins and promotions.
Your experience, knowledge & skills
- 4+ years of professional experience in a comparable Data Engineer role in a fast-paced and dynamic business setting
- Profound understanding of databases (relational, column-based, NoSQL), DWH design, SQL querying and optimization. Preferably in Redshift.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with big data tools and writing code for big data ETL pipelines using Spark and Airflow
- Working knowledge of scalable BI&A infrastructure, APIs, workflow management tools, message queuing, stream processing, and ‘big data’ data stores
- Bonus points for relevant industry knowledge (marketing, pricing, e-commerce, etc.)
- Bonus points for being able to design a basic Front-End/WebApp to display information or interact with a Machine Learning API
- You possess strong quantitative & problem solving skills
- You are solutions-oriented, a self-starter and have an eye for detail
- You are a quick learner, motivated and enjoy working with new technologies
- You are able to and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic and international team environment
- You have excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal) and are able to effectively communicate technical subject matter to technical & business stakeholders
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!