Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
This is a unique opportunity to be a member of Otrium's Finance leadership team as the Director of Finance. As Director of Finance you will play a key role in providing financial, operating, and business insight to enable strategic decision making, planning, forecasting, and program execution across our global business. Reporting to the CFO, you will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate financial objectives and priorities.
You will be responsible for providing consistent leadership: maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels of internal control; ensuring compliance with all local regulations and Otrium’s objectives, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
- Lead the Reporting effort within the business.
- Driving business partnering, overseeing budgets.
- Solving complex tax and structuring problems.
- Managing global portfolios, and supporting global supply chain groups, including experience in sustainability.
- Developing financial models, quantitative reports and insights to inform strategic decisions.
- Leading the Audit process, monitoring cash flow, and prepare accounts.
- Developing high profile, influential and collaborative relationships, working across teams, functions and layers.
- Analytical tools (Python or R), statistical methods and experience using large sets of data with SQL and Tableau.
- You have a university background with relevant education.
- You're highly experienced in core finance functions, with a focus on planning, reporting and analysis, and understanding the drivers of business profitability.
- You have senior-level experience in management/leadership positions.
- You have in-house experience in a fast growing international business - focus on marketplaces is a plus.
- You are proactive, flexible, and enthusiastic, with a results-focus approach.
- You feel at home in fast-paced environments.
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!