Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
As our Circularity Manager you will be part of our growing Sustainability team. Together with Marlot, our Sustainability Lead you will drive our purpose: All clothing should be worn. As Circularity Manager you’ll be at the forefront of expanding out our business model in order to close the loop. You’ll be working closely with a lot of different teams and stakeholders to strategically and operationally kickstart and project manage the development of the refurbished platform. Next to this, you will be working closely with the partnership team in order to have fast and pragmatic feedback loops to improve the service in an effective way. Have you gained experience in rolling out and leading implementations of new business circularity propositions? Are you flexible, patient and creative? Apply today!
The following tasks will be part of your new role
- End to end responsible for roll out and lead implementation of a new business proposition
- Build the business case and implementation plan for these capabilities, including resourcing requirements, timeline, return on investment, and alternatives like governmental subsidy
- Build and organize and engage cross functional teams, and third parties as needed, to drive new capabilities through to implementation, and potentially integrate capabilities with our broader operations for scale
- Manage value-added services including cleaning, repair, authentication, recycling, up- and down-cycling etc. at a program level
- Support brand partnerships and the business development process evaluating operational resource needs
- Costing for new product types and verticals and communicating them.
Experience, knowledge & skills
- Ideally this is you second or third job. You have about 5-7 years of hands on experience in project management and bringing digital products and services to market (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in re-commerce/refurbishment
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation and collaboration skills
- Experience in working in close collaboration with product teams
- Being able to hit the ground running to kick start this initiative
- Understanding of the fast pace of a high-growth environment
- Experience with fashion (re)commerce is a big plus
- Intellectual curiosity to gather and analyze information from a range of internal and external sources, including Otrium’s unique single-SKU data
- Balance entrepreneurial mindset to bring new capabilities to life quickly and flexibly with an eye towards processes that support handling thousands of items
- Systems thinker with ability to connect the dots across the organization and build repeatable processes
- Strong communication skills, able to build content, and present data and complex information for a variety of internal and external audiences to drive clarity and buy-in
- Excellent project management skills to deliver complex capabilities on schedule
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to identify, define, and resolve ambiguous problems
- Experience in Operations consulting or strategy a plus
- Experience in retail or e-commerce a plus
- A hard requirement: eligible for employment in the relevant country (NL/UK/US).
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!