Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
The best thing our engineers love about Otrium is the opportunity to impact the shopping experience of millions of fashion lovers. Developers are involved within the lifetime of the product, not only on the technical side.
Stability is a significant factor, but we do not hesitate to experiment and are never shy of building groundbreaking features to change the overall customer experience. We have a future-proof tech stack consisting of the latest technologies and always curious to explore newer ones! Wanna join?
You will work with talented people from all around the world and use agile development principles. We love to help each other, and our power comes from the team game. We are a hardcore Agile team, always iterating and striving for a better, faster and scalable product.
The fastest-growing company in The Netherlands and deserves the strongest tech team, and that's exactly what we strive to be. Here you will be developing features and services that will directly impact our customers’ experience and speed up the company’s growth. We expect nothing but the best from every developer.
- Keep the bar high on sustainable engineering by following standard methodologies, producing the best in a class of code, documentation, testing, and monitoring.
- Work with an energetic and fun group of mobile, backend, frontend, QA engineers, as well as product owners, designers.
- Monitor crash rates and take a proactive approach to fix problems.
- Code review your colleagues’ work carefully and make sure the quality of the code base is going higher with every commit.
- A collaborative approach, being open to help team members.
- Experience shipping and operating apps at scale to a large number of users, across several geographies and locales.
- 5+ years of experience shipping high-quality software.
- Proven software development experience in Kotlin, Java and Android SDK developments skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills in English.
- Solid understanding of the Android ecosystem and its design patterns.
- Strong Kotlin, Java, Android SDK knowledge.
- Experience with Git.
- Deep understanding of SOLID, MVP, Clean Architecture principles.
- Experience in integrating external services (e.g. Firebase, Google, Facebook).
- Experience with GraphQL, Dagger, RxJava, Android architecture components is a plus.
Nice to haves
- Team work experience and code review.
- Unit and ui tests experience.
- A highly analytical and curious mind, continually looking out for new technologies and innovations.
- Ability to work autonomously on projects and take full responsibility for them.
- Open-source contributions or open source projects on Github will be an advantage.
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!