Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
We are looking for a full-time Pricing Analyst intern, who wants to support us with analysing past performance and building tailor-made pricing strategies for both global fashion brands as well as boutique labels. You enjoy working with data to derive actionable insights. You will work on multiple data-driven projects on a daily basis. There is room for taking the initiative and testing your own ideas to help Otrium grow. This internship will help you to acquire a deeper understanding of pricing and the ecommerce fashion industry in general.
What will you be doing?
At Otrium, no two days are the same. The following tasks will be part of your new role:
- You will work closely with the Pricing team, but you also interact a lot with the other teams involved in the implementation of optimisation projects
- Analysis and execution of various projects linked to improvement of pricing strategies at Otrium for both global fashion brands as well as boutique labels
- Collecting data from different sources, creating dashboards and converting this into actionable insights
- Think of new ideas how we can further accelerate the growth of our partners
What we are looking for?
- You are studying or just graduated in business administration, economics, or another mathematics related degree
- You have exceptional analytical skills and a strong attention to detail, as well as a hands-on mentality
- Your communication strength enables you to exchange information with internal teams as well as with external partners
- Previous experience through an internship in start-ups, investment banking or consulting is a plus, but not required
- Experience with Python is required, SQL knowledge is a plus
- Available for at least 4 months, ideally for 6 months
- A hard requirement: Residence in the Netherlands
What can you expect from us?
- Learn and work at one of the fastest growing (fashion) start-ups in the Netherlands
- You will get great guidance and the opportunity to learn a lot
- Get to know all facets of sales and online retail
- You will get responsibility for various tasks
- You receive a competitive internship allowance, plus there's full-time hire potential!
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!