Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
As a Business Development Manager you are responsible to get in touch with the best fashion brands in the world and sign deals with them so we can help them manage their off-price stock, and get into a long term partnership. Help these brands and Otrium to achieve our mission!
Otrium is seeking a high-energy Business Manager for the German market (and possibly other markets as well) with a proven track record of closing deals and growing successful enterprise partnerships at a high growth startup, SaaS and/or fashion company.
On a day to day basis you will
- Reach-out to brand partners and build strong relationships with key stakeholders;
- You will close big deals and have responsibility for German speaking prospects, and possibly also other international markets;
- Work closely together with the key stakeholders in Otrium and in the brands to gather key data and use tools to support and optimise selling and decision making in the sales process;
- Analyse, develop, and present German brand partner growth plans & forecasts;
- Monitor commercial performance insights and opportunities and share best practices with all stakeholders and sales team;
- Actively manage and improve New Business processes;
- You are always on the phone, Zoom or on the road, building connections and relations.
What are we looking for?
- Fluent in German
- Fluent in English
- You have 2-6 years of working experience in a start-up, scale-up or fast growing SaaS fashion company where you had a role as sales/partnership manager, account executive or key account manager;
- You have affinity with the Fashion industry;
- You have experience with sales on VP and C level;
- You have worked in/knowledge about the e-commerce industry;
- You are used to work with targets and KPI’s
- You worked before in a fast growing company (start-up and/or scale-up);
- You are able to work independently in your market;
- You are very commercial, a proactive hustler & hunter, and you get the job done;
- Strong in objection handling; use your talents, skills & sales experience to turn a “no” into a”yes”;
- Nice to have experience in Saas
- You get a kick out of developing strong relationships, inspiring brand partners and closing deals;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to think of and carry out solutions on the spot;
- Exceptional presentation and negotiating skills;
- Learning new things is part of who you are;
- You are fun, energetic and you fit in the team
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!