Mobile Engineering Manager/Lead
OTR Capital, LLC is a factoring company dedicated to offering timely, working capital solutions to companies looking to maintain positive cash flow while growing their business. We are seeking motivated individuals with a desire to join an established fast-paced and growing technology organization with a start-up culture. We are at the beginning of the development of a new Cloud-Native platform that will drive the next wave of innovation in the industry and fuel OTR’s growth. We are looking for growth minded, collaborative technologist who love to create, innovate, and learn cutting-edge solutions on the latest and greatest technology. You’ll be part of a technology team working to develop web, mobile, and cloud-based data solutions.
The Mobile Engineering Manager will work closely with the Director of Application Development to lead the design and development of the mobile application and make recommendations of technologies to be used to enhance our mobile experience. The Mobile Engineering Manager position will be a leader in a growing technology team leading a team of mobile developers in the architecture, design, and development of our mobile product. This is an exciting role and opportunity to be a leader in a fast-growing business, build a team and have a direct impact on technology direction and growth of the business.
Please note: We do not sponsor work-related visas.**
OTR has been recognized as a “Top Workplace” 5 years in a row by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of mobile developers in the design and development of mobile application features
- Responsible for the architecture design of a mobile application and associated services
- Perform requirements analysis, detail design, troubleshooting, source code construction, system testing, integration testing and implementation for reports.
- Designing and writing software technical specifications, writing software code and performing unit testing
- Applying current technology to solve technical problems and ensuring system and application performance is optimized
- Working with business units to improve efficiency and remove barriers in applications
- Working with product teams on new product ideas, designs, prototypes and estimates
- Maintaining coding standards to facilitate code maintenance and enhancement
- Documenting processes and development projects
- BS in Computer Science or other related field of study and applicable work experience
- 5+ years of experience on a team developing in mobile technology: React Native, native Android, or native iOS apps.
- 5+ years of experience on a team developing in compiled languages: C#, Java, Go
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer on production project
- Prior experience leading mobile development teams
- Proven experience/responsibility for design and architectural decisions of app
- Proven knowledge and practical application of design patterns
- The ability to identify and write appropriate tests leveraging mocking/spying frameworks for isolation of the subject component
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
- Strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design
- Experience in Jenkins, Fastlane, and Fabric for continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with multithreading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Familiarity with SCRUM as a development method for Agile Development
- Display the highest level of integrity.
- Demonstrate respect for others.
- Possess a "do what it takes" attitude.
- Think creatively and innovate.
- Embrace a growth mindset and life-long learning
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Are resourceful and results driven.
These are the fundamental aspects of our working environment that make each day both challenging and rewarding.
OTR provides a competitive, comprehensive compensation package for our full-time employees:
- Pluralsight Training
- Paid Certifications
- Certification Bonus
- Eligibility for Company Bonuses
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/ AD&D Insurance, Short-Term Disability
- Pet Insurance, Paid Family Leave, Employee Assistance Program
- Fully Paid Maternity Leave
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- 12 days of Paid Time Off, 4 Sick/Mental Health days, 7 Paid Holidays, 2 Flex Holidays,
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Work from Home Flexibility
- Company Paid Fitness Membership
- Volunteer Days and Opportunities with Company-Partnered Charities
- Internal Inclusion programs
OTR Mission and Values:
OTR’s mission is to create exceptional value for our clients by providing industry leading financing and back-office solutions delivered through a blend of outstanding customer service and tech-driven efficiencies, while maintaining a culture that provides the opportunity for employees to achieve greatness.
BE PASSIONATE Conquering the day with energy and heart.
BE INNOVATIVE Always finding new ways to improve our services and technologies
BE LIMITLESS Dedicated to the growth of ourselves, the company, and our clients
BE AGILE Willing and eager to accept new challenges
BE ESSENTIAL Committed to being a strategic partner
OTR Capital, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
OTR Capital, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer