Who We Are
OtherSide Entertainment is an independent game studio with remote staff throughout North America. Our mission is to create deeply immersive games that draw players into richly imagined worlds; games that empower players to choose their own play-style, making their experience unique and personal; games that encourage players to team up with their friends and weave their own shared narrative; the kind of games that are powered by our players’ vision as much as our own. Together, we aim to evolve the “player-authored” tradition of Ultima Underworld, System Shock, Thief, and Deus Ex – all games developed by the company’s founders, Paul Neurath and Warren Spector.
We are in early development of original premium PC/console games that will include significant games-as-a-service components. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to partner with our development teams to ensure product plans account for and take advantage of how GAAS can enhance our players’ engagement once the games are live, including ensuring the systems and infrastructure are in place to provide a high-quality experience. The team is committed to delivering great games, and it's the opportunity of the Senior Product Manager to ensure those games are great online businesses as well. This position will report to and work closely with the studio COO, who will partner with you on your personal development and career goals. You will collaborate with our project team leadership as well as working closely with our publishing partners.
- Partner with game leads to drive effective development, ensuring that the product is ready to operate as a successful games-as-a-service game.
- Serve as an expert on the game and the market positioning of the product so that you can champion our players’ motivations and desires from a global perspective.
- Drive feature development necessary to ensure the game can operate and meet its business goals, including developing per feature business requirements, expected metric impacts, and operational expectations.
- Ensure appropriate features are delivered to drive engagement, retention, and monetization, as necessary to meet the game’s business goals.
- Develop frameworks that drive clear tradeoffs as part of decision making in an imperfect information and resource constrained environment.
- Ensure the product is built for being data informed; determining what metrics matter for different features, how they will be measured, what targets of success are.
- Own the multi release post launch roadmap for the game, covering features, narrative, and operational improvements over time, in conjunction with other game leads.
- Work with our publishing partners and other key stakeholders to ensure strong buy-in for our GAAS plans and expectations.
- Be the product’s point of contact for bringing other resources to bear to support player engagement efforts, pre- and post-launch.
- Once launched, play a key role in operating the live game as a contributing line of business for the company.
- At least four years of experience in shipping (pre launch) and supporting (post launch) a live multiplayer game with a service component on PC and/or console
- Has shipped a premium PC/console game in a Product Management, Production, Design or related role
- Proven ability to effectively balance the needs of the player experience, the technology, and the business.
- Experience driving revenue and engagement targets on a live game.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to articulate the intended impact/outcome necessary to deliver/solve for a given opportunity or problem, collaborating with the team in determining the best plan to achieve the intended impact/outcome.
- Outcome oriented, keeping the player at the center of the what and why of what we do.
- Data Informed in all things: comfortable with statistics and essential data analysis techniques.
- Knows to what degree to bring data to bear on any given situation
- Generally operates by developing and testing hypotheses
- Able to interpret data to lead to actionable insights
- Can manipulate and visualize data to involve others in its application
- Demonstrated leadership through engaging and inspiring team members to deliver the best quality product possible, providing clarity and focus as needed to rally the team to meet player and business goals.
- Ability to deconstruct competing feature sets and understand the market landscape. Able to propose credible and complete features.
- Communicate effectively in large or small group settings and to senior management.
- Capable of interpreting community feedback into digestible insights for the team and incorporating it into product requirements.
- Experience making PvP and PvE multiplayer games, with an understanding of how multiplayer impacts the game economy, the community, and the engagement and retention efforts.
- Passion for dissecting and analyzing games, systems and features, and core engagement loops.
- Full-cycle development experience including early player validation.
Our people-first approach to game development celebrates diversity, and strives to create a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone is treated equally, with dignity, and with respect. We highly encourage candidates from diverse and under-represented backgrounds to apply, even those that may not directly meet every qualification listed for this role.
This is a full-time, remote working role, with competitive compensation and a full suite of benefits available anywhere in the United States. All team members may be asked to occasionally travel for key meetings, as part of their job responsibilities. We're required to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the unique facts and circumstances of each case, but a reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this role is $130,000 - $160,000.
We review and update our salary range bands at OtherSide Entertainment on an annual basis to provide transparency to the expected base salary ranges on our job posts externally as well as internally. Most in-house employee roles also include discretionary variable bonus compensation as well as long-term incentive. Our recruiter will share more details about bonus and LTI for this role in your screening or throughout your interview process as it becomes available. Final compensation determinations are dependent on the unique facts and circumstances of each case and will take into account a wide variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, qualifications, accomplishments, experience, credentials, and business needs. We look forward to and welcome discussion on this topic at any time during the interview process.
OtherSide Entertainment is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.