Who We Are
OtherSide Entertainment is an independent game studio with remote staff throughout North America. Our mission is to create deeply immersive games that draw players into richly imagined worlds; games that empower players to choose their own play-style, making their experience unique and personal; games that encourage players to team up with their friends and weave their own shared narrative; the kind of games that are powered by our players’ vision as much as our own. Together, we aim to evolve the “player-authored” tradition of Ultima Underworld, System Shock, Thief, and Deus Ex – all games developed by the company’s founders, Paul Neurath and Warren Spector.
We're hiring an Art Coordinator to join our Thick as Thieves team. If you have a passion for games, artistic vision, and a knack for organization, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. As our Art Coordinator, you'll play a vital role in helping bring our new multiplayer action-stealth game to life.
What We Need
The Thick as Thieves team is working on an immersive simulation game that breaks new ground in the multiplayer genre. We're looking for candidates who are excited to contribute their artistic vision, strong communication skills, and organizational abilities to this project.
- Assist the Art Lead in shaping the game's visual identity.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to maintain a high-quality art standard.
- Create and update artistic documentation for the team.
- Contribute to concept development and worldbuilding.
- Work in collaboration with the Art Lead to manage the external outsource schedule.
- Provide regular updates on the progress and quality of external partners.
- Support the Art Team's long-term planning and growth.
- Play a crucial role in ensuring the well-being and development of the Art Team.
- 2-5 years as an artist in the game industry.
- Knowledge of the 3D art pipeline and workflows in a modern game engine.
- Ability to understand art style and art directing in service of that.
- Good understanding of color, light, and form.
- Solid writing skills for documentation and feedback.
- Excellent communication and organizational abilities.
- A positive, collaborative attitude.
- Passion for making and playing games!
- Unreal 5 experience.
- Ability to personally construct benchmark assets for outsource partners.
Our people-first approach to game development celebrates diversity, and strives to create a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone is treated equally, with dignity, and with respect. We highly encourage candidates from diverse and under-represented backgrounds to apply, even those that may not directly meet every qualification listed for this role.
This is a full-time, remote working role, with competitive compensation and a full suite of benefits available anywhere in the United States. All team members may be asked to occasionally travel for key meetings, as part of their job responsibilities. We're required to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the unique facts and circumstances of each case, but a reasonable estimate of the current base salary range for this role is $80,000 - $95,000.
We review and update our salary range bands at OtherSide Entertainment on an annual basis to provide transparency to the expected base salary ranges on our job posts externally as well as internally. Most in-house employee roles also include discretionary variable bonus compensation as well as long-term incentive. Our recruiter will share more details about bonus and LTI for this role in your screening or throughout your interview process as it becomes available. Final compensation determinations are dependent on the unique facts and circumstances of each case and will take into account a wide variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, qualifications, accomplishments, experience, credentials, and business needs. We look forward to and welcome discussion on this topic at any time during the interview process.
OtherSide Entertainment is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.