Otak, Inc. is seeking to hire a Transportation Project Engineer for our Louisville, CO office. This position will work on a wide variety of projects throughout the region including municipal roadway,trail, grading, drainage, utility, and civic projects for various clients. This person will be working on multi-disciplinary projects and using engineering judgment to transform design concepts into construction drawings and technical specifications. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude
This is a great opportunity for the right person to join our team of professionals in our unique, top-notch company, working out of our Louisville, CO office.
Typical job responsibilities include:
- Performs design services related to roadway, trail, and site layout, grading, drainage, utilities, and erosion control in conformance with local, state and federal regulations
- Prepares construction plans using AutoCAD/Civil 3D(knowledge of InRoads/Microstation a plus as well)
- Prepares specifications and cost estimates
- Plans and coordinates projects with limited supervision
- Assists in assigning duties and schedules to team members
- Participates in preparing proposals and project scope, schedule, and budget
- Provides construction support services
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Civil Engineer, with an emphasis on transportation, public infrastructure, trails, drainage, utilities, site development, and civic projects for municipal and private clients
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent education is required
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in good standing is required
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or InRoads/Microstation
- Ability to work collaboratively within a creative, professional, team environment
Otak’s Civil Engineers have dedicated their design talent to creating and improving many essential infrastructures since our inception in 1981. We have extensive experience with all facets of roadway design, including urban street and highway, rural and recreational, pedestrian and bicycle systems, bridges, multimodal facilities, earthwork and grading, retaining walls, storm drains, sanitary sewers, and water supply systems. Otak’s engineering designs blend aesthetic appeal into the character of the community while improving the overall transportation system.
We encourage you to come and be a part of the Otak team. Otak is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/SrCivilPEBoulder