To bolster our capabilities and to help us grow regionally, Otak is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented entry to mid-level CAD Designer/Drafter who fits with our culture, is inspired by performing quality work, and wants to create sustainable infrastructure. Our workload involves roadway design, active transportation including paths, pedestrian underpasses and pedestrian bridges, streetscapes, site development; vehicular bridges; and construction management. We take pride in our ability to develop creative designs that are environmentally sensitive and aesthetically pleasing.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with the preparation of standard engineering documents and calculations, using AutoCAD Civil3D for drafting purposes
- Perform design services related to site layout, grading, stormwater management and erosion control in conformance with local, state and federal regulations
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, aerial photographs of terrain, existing and proposed characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design projects
- Assist project managers with preparation of scopes and estimates for proposals
- Assist project managers in preparation of drawing packages, project construction estimates, and bid item review.
What you bring:
- Applicants should have a one year Certification or an Associate’s degree in Drafting Technology or CADD Technology, or equivalent demonstrated experience in a Civil or Civil-related engineering field
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D and/or MicroStation is required
- Ability to work collaboratively within a creative, professional, team environment
- Construction experience and/or civil engineering experience is a plus
Why Work at Otak?
Otak is different. We imagine, plan, and create exceptional places that add to the communities where we live, work, and enjoy life. Our planning, design, engineering, architectural, and project management professionals take their responsibility to future generations seriously. We value sustainability, social equity, and community involvement.
Our staff is connected, engaged, and fulfilled in their professional and personal lives. There is a sense of community and collaborative spirit in both your professional (most projects are cross-discipline) and personal life (join a happy hour gathering or an office camping trip). We laugh about it, but if Otak were a car, it would most likely be a Subaru: adventurous and dependable, but also fun with a loyal and spirited following.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Otak is leaning in on diversity through our Equity and Inclusion initiative. We are actively exploring ways to accelerate professional and leadership advancement for women and the under-represented. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.