DAY CPM is now a division of Otak, a multidisciplinary and integrated design firm. This alliance allows us to expand our breadth and depth of Project Management and Owner Representative services. Our mission is to provide responsible management, reliable leadership, responsive communication, and strategic analysis to complex construction projects. We serve as an independent advocate for the owner. Our all-inclusive management process allows clients to focus on their own priorities, while we take care of the rest. Our strong working relationships with engineers, architects, contractors, vendors and subs allows us to keep projects aligned, in-sync and running smoothly.
We are looking to hire Project Managers who can take on a variety of technical and administrative duties requiring a comprehensive knowledge of planning, design management and construction administration. This position is responsible for leading teams in a matrixed organizational structure to deliver completed projects by managing scope/quality, schedule, and budget from pre-design, thru design, construction, and post occupancy phases. Project Managers are expected to represent us with the utmost professionalism in public settings and to demonstrate a high level of leadership and customer service when working with both internal and external stakeholders and clients. Strong interpersonal communication skills are required. Core areas of focus include: consultant & contractor management, budgeting, cost estimating, scheduling, communications, public involvement, public procurement, and data analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and lead all aspects of pre-design, design, construction and post-occupancy phases including compliance with planned budget, schedule and scope/quality criteria.
- Responsible for managing staff and community participation in design processes to ensure stakeholders are engaged appropriately.
- Responsible for managing client stakeholder participation in design processes and plan reviews.
- Ensure compliance with client contracting policies and procedures for all assigned contracts and enforcement of contract provisions. Maintains full functional and working knowledge and understanding of ORS279A, B & C and the clients’ adopted Contracting Rules.
- Provide accurate and timely project financial forecasts and reports project progress to immediate supervisor.
- Develop consulting and construction contract scopes of work, solicitations and coordinates with client purchasing & contracting staff to effect awards.
- Maintain clear, complete and accessible project file documentation consistent with professional standards through and including project close-out and as-built documentation.
- Develop reports, memoranda, letters and other documents regarding project issues for both DAY CPM and client distribution; works with engineers, architects and construction contractors regarding normal and unusual project problems and phases; ensures the maintenance of detailed records of project activities, findings, progress and results.
- Responsible for extensive project plan reviews; both in terms of overviews to key decision-makers and redlining of consultant submittals.
- Prepare and makes presentations before citizen groups, various advisory bodies, steering committees, authorities having jurisdiction and the client Board.
- Delegate project management functions to assigned Project Coordinator/Assistant and/or construction manager, etc. as needed to support project objectives.
- Participate in the development of client construction design guidelines, Basis of Design, Functional programming, specifications development, and development of future capital construction bond programs.
- Bring a collaborative, multi-faceted approach to design, problem solving and construction.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse workforce and community.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related area is preferred.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience directly managing large capital projects from design through construction and closeout.
- Professional registration in Architecture, Engineering or a related field in the State of Oregon, or certification as a Construction Manager and/or Project Manager is highly preferred.
- LEED Certification or ability to acquire within 12 months of hire
- Understanding and experience with Public works project management principles, processes, systems, techniques, project budgeting, funding and procurement procedures, along with the Federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of building design and construction systems
- Prior experience working collaboratively with design and construction teams to facilitate successful community engagement processes.
- Experience in the management of personnel, budgets, and audits.
- Experience in the review and negotiation of agreements and contracts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of alternative forms of project delivery including CM/GC, GC/CM, CM at Risk, Design Build, and P3
- Experience with project management systems such as E-Builder, Prolog, Primavera, Smartsheet, and SharePoint highly preferred.
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.