This position can be based in Redmond or Everett
Otak is currently seeking to hire a Senior Water Resources Project Manager / Engineer to join our Water and Natural Resources team in our Redmond or Everett office. This person will support our project and business development initiatives in the following service areas; stream and river restoration, stormwater treatment/management, urban stormwater retrofit, hydrologic, hydraulic, and geomorphic analyses, flood hazard mitigation, and infrastructure planning. Current work will include opportunities to manage multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects under a multi-year contract for replacement of culverts for fish passage across the Puget Sound region.
Our team of engineers and scientists are highly educated and experienced in the fields of surface water management planning and design, water quality, wetland science, fluvial geomorphology, ecology, botany, aquatic biology, and fisheries. We prepare technical reports that document environmental baseline conditions and fully satisfy regulatory reporting criteria for permitting and compliance requirements at the local, county, state, and federal levels.
What you'll do:
- Prepare various reports supporting design decisions and permitting
- Develop and manage project scopes, schedules and budgets
- Manage project staff responsible for design calculations, design drawings and specifications
- Lead floodplain and watershed studies, and stormwater infrastructure improvement studies
- Take lead and support roles with client development and proposal activities
- Support Low impact Development/Green infrastructure design initiatives
- Collaborate with Otak’s Transportation, Structures, Urban Planning, and Architecture business units
- This person must be able to work in a multi-discipline, team-oriented environment and work independently
What you bring:
- Must possess a minimum Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field. A Master’s degree in Water Resources or Environmental Engineering preferred
- Must possess a valid Professional Engineer (PE) license
- 15 yrs minimum experience, 20 yrs experience preferred
- Demonstrated successful project management from design through contruction
- Supervisory experience with SWMM, HSPF, HEC-RAS or similar hydrologic and hydraulic models, note that technical experts will continue to provide technical training, guidance, and quality control to project level staff.
- Experience with preparation of construction documents for project designs and permits supported by hydrologic, hydraulic, and geomorphic calculations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
- Experience with ArcGIS, and/or AutoCAD
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple project tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.