This position can be based in Redmond or Everett
Otak, Inc. is seeking to hire a Senior Civil Project Engineer for our Redmond or Everett office. This position will work on a wide variety of projects throughout the Puget Sound region including municipal roadway, transit, grading, drainage, utility, and civic projects for various clients. This person will be working on multi-disciplinary projects and using engineering judgment to transform design concepts into construction drawings and technical specifications. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude.
What you’ll do:
- Performs design services related to roadway and site layout, grading, drainage, utilities, and erosion control in conformance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Prepares construction plans using AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Prepares specifications and cost estimates.
- Plans and coordinates projects with limited supervision.
- Assists in assigning duties and schedules to team members.
- Provides project design team supervision.
- Assists with project management duties including the preparation and monitoring of scope, schedule, and budget.
- Assists with business development activities including client outreach and proposal preparation.
- Provides construction support services.
What you bring:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Civil Engineer, with an emphasis on transportation, public infrastructure, drainage, utilities, site development, and civic projects for municipal and private clients.
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent education is required.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in WA is required.
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a creative, professional, team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.