Otak, Inc. is seeking to hire a Transportation Project Manager for our Louisville, CO office. This position will work on a wide variety of projects throughout the Colorado region including CDOT, municipal roadway, transit, grading, drainage, utility, and civic projects for various clients. This person will be working on multi-disciplinary projects and using engineering judgment to transform design concepts into construction drawings and technical specifications. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude.
What you’ll do:
- Manage teams working on transportation projects
- Perform design services related to roadway and site layout, grading, drainage, utilities, and erosion control in conformance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Prepare construction plans using AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or InRoads/Microstation.
- Prepare specifications and cost estimates.
- Plan and coordinate projects with limited supervision.
- Assist in assigning duties and schedules to team members.
- Participate in preparing proposals and project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Participate in Business Development based on strong client relationships
- Provide construction support services.
What you bring:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a Civil Engineer, with an emphasis on transportation, public infrastructure, drainage, utilities, site development, and civic projects for municipal and private clients.
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent education is required.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in CO is required.
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or InRoads/Microstation
- Ability to work collaboratively within a creative, professional, team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Why work at Otak?
It’s an exciting time to be a part of the Otak team! Join a team of passionate, creative people who want to enrich the communities around them through challenging and highly rewarding projects. By providing the highest level of client service, creativity, and a think-global, act-local mindset, we help our clients and partners take their projects to the next level. Over the last 35 years, Otak has built a highly collaborative team with award-winning multidisciplinary expertise.
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. We are committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative, high-value solutions. We invest in our team members where seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal and professional growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re growing — and we’re dedicated to fostering a culture that provides opportunities for team members to grow and meet their goals. As part of our Transportation and Infrastucture Team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with a variety of clients, and to collaborate with our other practice areas, including structural engineers, urban designers and planners, and construction inspectors and managers.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality by valuing individual strengths and contributions while having strong collaboration across disciplines. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity.
Otak is an equal opportunity employer. Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.