DAY CPM is now a division of Otak, a multidisciplinary and integrated design firm. This alliance allows us to expand our breadth and depth of Project Management and Owner Representative services. Our mission is to provide responsible management, reliable leadership, responsive communication, and strategic analysis to complex construction projects. We serve as an independent advocate for the owner. Our all-inclusive management process allows clients to focus on their own priorities, while we take care of the rest. Our strong working relationships with engineers, architects, contractors, vendors and subs allows us to keep projects aligned, in-sync and running smoothly.
We are hiring Project Coordinators in Salem, Oregon, who can perform a variety of technical and administrative duties, requiring a working knowledge of planning, design management and construction administration. Supporting the Project Managers, this person is expected to represent us with the utmost professionalism in public settings and to demonstrate a high level of customer service when working with both internal and external stakeholders and clients. Strong interpersonal communication skills are required.
What you’ll do:
- Directly support a Senior Project Manager (SPM) with coordination of work performed by a project team (design consultants and builders) on behalf of multiple, simulteaneous public/private clients throughout the construction project lifecycle.
- Maintain project documentation and filing including verification of invoices, capturing meeting minutes and correspondence, adding design/constructability review comments to drawings and specification documents, preparing/submitting funding and jurisdictional requirement documents, and disseminating materials to clients and project team
- Add value to projects by bringing unique skills and talent for project management, business administration, problem solving, organization/spreadsheet management, technology, field coordination, and/or communication/stakeholder engagement.
- For Clients: participate in the development of client’s construction design/programming guidelines to inform project goals and outcomes; collaborate closely with client’s executive, accounting, legal and other associated departments to ensure efficient processing of project documents/decision making; coordinate and participate in client review meetings to keep stakeholders informed and engaged.
- With Project Team: coordinate scopes of work and procurement/solicitations (RFPs) for contracting with design consultants/builders; maintain effective working relationships with team for steady flow of work and communication; review/analyze consultant reports and builder documentation as assigned by the PM.
What you bring:
- Associate's Degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related area is required; Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in project management or business administration
- Knowledge of building design/construction systems and/or experience supporting large capital projects from design through construction/closeout is strongly preferred
- Ability to compile and analyze data, manage budget/accounting documentation and review contracts
- Collaborative, proactive and comprehensive approach to problem solving and engaging with teams and diverse networks of stakeholders
- Strong technology, organizational and communication (written/oral/visual) skills
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.