Join Otak’s marketing team as we transform the way we win work
Do you enjoy leading teams to craft winning proposals? Do you thrive on deadlines? Do you see challenges as an opportunity for growth and collaboration? Would you like to work for a locally grown company with northwest values?
We’re looking for a great proposal pursuit manager and outstanding writer to join our marketing team and work in our Portland office. If you are an energetic and positive professional with at least 5 years of managing proposals in the A/E/C industry, and you are drawn to opportunities where you can help a company thrive, we want to talk to you!
What you’ll do:
- Manage pursuits by working with technical and marketing staff to prepare proposals, SOQs, and other materials with a focus on Otak’s PM/CM/Owner’s Representative services
- Lead and champion pursuit plans, facilitate strategy meetings, manage schedules, write and edit material, and ensure on-time delivery of proposals, SOQs, or other materials
- Serve as a key team member of the larger Otak marketing and business development organization, supporting firmwide marketing projects and efforts
What you’re good at:
- Establishing collaborative relationships
- Writing dynamic, responsive, and winning proposals
- Applying your understanding of the A&E industry
- Implementing marketing fundamentals, theory, and practice
- Organizing schedules, projects, processes, and people
- Understanding and implementing a firm’s strategic goals
- Solving challenges with diplomacy and creativity
- Thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, and deadline-driven environment
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of marketing experience, with at least 5 years of relevant A&E experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Skillful at meeting management and facilitation
- Strong interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Flexible, adaptable, and detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic understanding of A&E industry terminology and procedures
- Experience with MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as InDesign and Photoshop, and CRM tools such as Deltek Vision
Our Portland-Vancouver marketing team is growing, and we are searching for an experienced Pursuit Manager to join our team. You will fill a central role as a partner in expanding a high growth area of our company. We take winning work seriously and believe that means developing expertise and rapport with the key staff and practice area. This position will primarily support our PM/CM/Owners Rep marketing activities, but you’ll have opportunities to work with other practices and disciplines as well to gain a broad understanding of our integrated services and how they support our win strategy. You are joining a very experienced, professional marketing team where you can both grow your career and contribute to others development.
Why work at Otak?
What is it like to work at Oak? At Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.