Otak is currently seeking to hire an Inspector for our Louisville office. This person's overall responsibilities will include daily field inspection and documentation for active construction projects. We are looking for an individual with a good work ethic, dependability, and a desire to work for a great company.
Otak employs staff skilled in construction management, inspection, administration, and engineering support. Our technical experts excel in implementing front-line techniques and methodologies to ensure successful project completion and client satisfaction. Otak’s inspectors are certified to perform all FHWA, CDOT, and local agency required inspections.
This is a full-time position. Typical work locations will be in the Denver/Boulder metropolitan area, but travel may be required depending on the project assignment and hours may vary.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct inspections of infrastructure construction projects and materials to ensure compliance with approved construction plans, specifications and other applicable codes and standards.
- Review and interpret construction documents, site drawings, as-built drawings, and specifications.
- Assist in resolving construction issues by clarifying plans and specifications.
- Maintain detailed records of construction actives including but not limited to safety concerns, contractor onsite personnel, equipment, construction methods, work zone traffic control, and stormwater and erosion control measures. Prepare project documentation in accordance with CDOT and FHWA guidelines.
- Track and measure completed work to prepare quantity reports and payment documentation.
- Assess and review change order requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you have:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in inspection and construction management or civil engineering.
- Familiarity with current construction observation reporting and procedure requirements for CDOT, Federal Aid Projects, and other government agencies.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, and other MS Office products as required for detailed daily report writing and accurate quantity tracking calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients, other staff, contractors, and agency representatives.
- CDOT Class/Certifications for: Transportation Erosion Control Supervisor (CDOT), Traffic Control Supervisor, Basic Highway Math, Basic Highway Plan Reading, Basic Construction Surveying (These can be substituted with Professional Engineering License or Engineering Degree from accredited institution).
- Must have valid driver’s license.
What you might have:
- CDOT Site Manager, Concrete Transportation Construction Inspection, LabCAT Level A, LabCAT Level 1 and WAQTC Soils.
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.