We have Project Architect positions open in Vancouver WA and Portland OR
The Project Architect is responsible for the planning and design of structures such as multifamily housing, commercial, and mixed-use projects. The Project Architect collaborates with the project team in all aspects of the project design, coordinating with all project team members to ensure the work is completed within the project schedule, maintaining and managing client expectations, and leading the documentation throughout all phases, including the necessary design and jurisdictional reviews.
Otak’s Architects and Urban Designers produce enduring structures and designs. We establish places that are creative yet practical, modern yet timeless. Our experts bring sustainable design and design excellence to every project, from multifamily housing and transit centers to community buildings and everything in between.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the project team to facilitate the development of design solutions with an emphasis on design excellence, quality control and best practice standards for delivery of a fully coordinated set of construction documents.
- Mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff. Collaborate and energize the design team to develop solutions to design problems.
- Participate in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Interact with clients to define distinctions or points of clarification to achieve project goals.
What you have:
- At least 8 years of progressively responsible experience in Architecture
- Bachelor of Architecture degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Professional Architectural Registration required
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Project Delivery methods.
- Historic preservation, public or federal project experience is a plus
- Experience in SW Washington with local agency building departments is a plus
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.