Your chance to be part of transforming our marketing program!
Are you inspired by work that protects, preserves, and celebrates our world? Are you passionate about crafting and executing winning strategies? Are you energized by just enough challenge to make things interesting? Would you thrive as a leader in transforming the way we win work and serve our valued clients?
You will be a key player in achieving our group’s vision: to be a competitive threat on any pursuit we choose and recognized as the firm where the most talented marketing staff want to work. As the fastest growing company among our peers, we are actively seeking fresh ideas and new energy to bring to our Colorado region team based in Louisville, CO. You will provide leadership within the marketing team and work strategically with our regional business development manager and business unit leaders to advance Otak’s position in the market.
What you will do:
- Lead and develop a small marketing staff
- Work closely with the regional business development manager and client managers to plan and execute client management and capture plans
- Conceive and prepare winning statements of qualifications and proposals
- Drive the pursuit management process, oversee compliance, assist in interview prep, and take the quality and responsiveness of Otak’s sales materials to the next level
- Partner with the marketing and business development director and other marketing managers to develop and execute programs and processes, assist with budgets, and lead regional marketing plans
- Contribute to meeting regional sales metrics
- Monitor and improve the effectiveness of qualification, proposal, and presentation activities
- Develop attention grabbing, impactful collateral materials
- Research target market, clients, and opportunities
- Champion the Otak brand
- Represent the firm to clients, peer organizations, business associates, and professional and community organizations such as SMPS
What you are good at:
- Thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, and deadline-driven environment
- Collaborating effectively with a variety of work styles to achieve results
- Applying your understanding of the A/E/C industry, competitors, and teaming relationships to improve our positioning and hit rate
- Creating, managing, and coaching collaborative, motivated, multidisciplinary pursuit teams
- Writing responsive, dynamic, and winning statements of qualifications and proposals
- Sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm with others
- Implementing marketing fundamentals, theory, and practice
- Organizing schedules, projects, processes, and people
- Understanding and implementing the firm’s strategic goals, policies, and procedures
- Solving challenges with diplomacy and creativity
- Building strong relationships with clients and principals to boost sales and meet goals
- Entering, tracking, and making use of CRM data
- Using MS Office, the Adobe Creative Suite, and CRM tools such as Deltek Vision
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm—you’re joining a community. With a culture that fosters inclusivity, teamwork, collaboration, and creativity, we leverage the expertise of our diverse team to solve our client’s most pressing challenges and enrich their communities. As a growing, smaller firm with international reach, we offer our employees exciting project opportunities in the United States, Middle East, Asian Pacific and beyond.
We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding—and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. We also encourage a healthy work-life balance and foster a fun, collaborative working environment. Our Northwest roots are reflected in our commitment to achieving sustainability and diversity. We believe that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skillset; we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are looking for a leader and outstanding writer, someone who likes to “roll up their sleeves” and work hard while still having fun. If you are an energetic and positive services marketing professional with more than seven (7) years of marketing experience, including three (3) or more managing staff in the A/E/C industry; and are drawn to opportunities where you can help a company thrive, we want to talk to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are actively exploring ways to accelerate professional and leadership advancement for women and the under-represented. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Does this sound like a team you’d like to join while advancing your career and improving the natural and built environment? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that shares with us why you believe you are a great fit for this important position at Otak.