Otak is looking to hire a Civil Designer Intern for our Redmond, WA office. This position will work on a wide variety of projects throughout the Puget Sound region including municipal roadway, trail/sidewalk, grading, drainage/stormwater, river/stream restoration, utilities, and civic projects for various clients. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude.
This will be a summer internship position for approximately 3 months.
What will you be doing?
- Perform design services related to roadway/trail and site layout, grading, drainage/stormwater, utilities, and erosion control in conformance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Assist with hydrologic and hydraulic analysis.
- Assists with the preparation of construction plans using AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Assists with quantity takeoffs and the preparation of construction cost estimates.
- Apply AutoCAD and/or GIS skills to produce supporting figures/design documents.
- Assists with construction support services.
What are we looking for?
- Top tier academic performers who are obtaining a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D is a plus.
- Candidates who are cultivating interests beyond academics and active in their local communities.
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.