This position can be based in Redmond or Everett
Otak is currently seeking to hire a Senior Water Resources Project Engineer / Project Manager to join our Water and Natural Resources team in our Redmond or Everett office. This person will support our project and development initiatives, such as: stream and river restoration, hydrologic, hydraulic, and geomorphic analyses, urban stormwater retrofit, stormwater treatment/management, flood hazard mitigation, and infrastructure planning.
Otak scientists and engineers are highly educated and experienced in the fields of ecology, wetland science, water quality, water resources, fluvial geomorphology, botany, aquatic biology, and fisheries. We prepare technical reports that document environmental baseline conditions and fully satisfy regulatory reporting criteria for permitting and compliance requirements at the local, county, state, and federal levels.
What you'll do:
- Prepare various reports supporting design decisions and permitting
- Lead floodplain and watershed studies, and stormwater infrastructure improvement studies
- Manage project staff responsible for design calculations, design drawings and specifications
- Develop and manage project scopes, schedules and budgets
- Take lead role with client development and proposal activities
- Support Low impact Development/Green infrastructure design initiatives
- Support Otak’s Transportation, Planning, and Architecture business units
- This person must be able to work in a multi-discipline, team-oriented environment and work independently
What you bring:
- Must possess a minimum Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field. A Master’s degree in Water Resources or Environment Engineering preferred
- Must possess a valid Professional Engineer (PE) license
- 10 yrs minimum experience; 15 yrs experience preferred
- Demonstrated successful project management from design through construction
- Experience with SWMM, HSPF, HEC-RAS or similar hydrologic and hydraulic models
- Experience with preparation of construction documents for project designs and permits supported by hydrologic, hydraulic, and geomorphic calculations
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, ArcGIS, and/or AutoCAD
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple project tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are needed
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.