This position can be based in Redmond or Everett
Otak is currently seeking to hire a Water Resources Designer / EIT to join our Water and Natural Resources team in our Redmond or Everett office. Our team works with many communities around the area on a broad range of municipal and private projects. This position will support services in the areas of master planning, urban storm water retrofits, stormwater treatment, hydrologic analysis, hydraulic analyses (pipes and open channel), roadway drainage, private site drainage, flood hazard mitigation, restoration of river/stream/wetland systems.
Otak is the premier natural resources firm in the Pacific Northwest. Our scientists and water resource engineers have a reputation for sound knowledge, creative solutions and responsive customer service. Our team of scientists and engineers are highly educated and experienced in the fields of ecology, wetland science, water quality, wildlife biology, fluvial geomorphology, botany, aquatic biology and fisheries.
What you’ll do:
- Collection and analysis of data
- Design and permitting reports
- GIS Mapping and Analysis
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Performing design calculations
- Support Stormwater/Green Infrastructure design projects
- Preparing design drawings and specifications
- Preparing cost and schedule estimates
- Support Natural Systems design projects
- Assisting with client development and proposal activities
- Must be able to work in a multi-discipline, team-oriented environment, be able to meet tight deadlines, and work independently
What you bring:
- 0-2 years or more of relevant professional experience in Environmental or Water Resources Engineering. Relevant professional work experience in hydrology, Low Impact Development (LID), hydraulic analyses, stormwater treatment, roadway drainage, or other similar emphasis is highly desired
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering with an emphasis on Water Resources. A Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, or related engineering program is preferred
- Must have successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) exam
- Experience with XP-SWMM, HSPF, HEC-HMS, HydroCAD, WWHM, or similar hydrologic and hydraulic models is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, GIS, and AutoCAD or MicroStation is preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment with individuals who have a passion for our industry
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.