Otak is looking to hire a Project Civil Engineer for our Vancouver office. This position will work on a wide variety of land development focused projects. This person will be working on multi-disciplinary projects and using engineering judgment to transform design concepts into construction drawings and technical specifications. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude.
What you’ll do:
- Perform civil design tasks related to site layout, grading, drainage, utilities, and erosion control in conformance with agency requirements
- Prepare construction plans using AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Prepare specifications and cost estimates
- Provide construction support services
What you have:
- Must have minimum five (5) years of professional work experience with an emphasis on land development, roadway, drainage, utilities, and civic projects for (primarily) private clients
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent education is required
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) license in Washington is required
- Demonstrated experience with latest AutoCAD and Civil 3D software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.