Do you see words and think, “I could create a visual to explain that”? Do you get excited about creating informative and persuasive visual materials for both marketing and corporate communications? If so, we’d like to have you join Otak as a Graphic Designer!
The Marketing team is currently recruiting for a full-time Graphic Designer. You will work with the marketing staff to develop and coordinate graphic design for proposals and marketing materials from concept through production. You will also take a lead role in creation of visual elements for social media and our website, coordinate photography and manage digital assets. Your work will have varied opportunities to produce visual materials such as, brochures, newsletters, posters, reports and other graphic or visual displays using information supplied. As a member of the marketing team, you will prepare or coordinate preliminary layouts, original artwork, conceptual schematic studies and freehand perspectives.
Otak is home to many creative professionals serving clients’ needs of A&E services- project managers, planners, architects, engineers and landscape architects. Our culture is driven by a passion for both the natural and built environments and finding just the right balance in design. Believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we’re working to build a culture of equity and inclusion so everyone has a level playing field. And as one of the country’s fastest-growing firms in our industry, we attract passionate, creative people who truly believe in our transformational mission. At Otak, we’re forging stronger connections between people and their communities.
- Design and production of graphic business development collateral materials, including:
- Graphic content and layout for proposals (covers, schedules, infographics, organization charts, etc.)
- Graphic content for interviews (boards and presentations)
- Printed and digital publication for awards, portfolios, brochures, booklets, posters, advertisements, presentation boards, banners, wall graphics and signage
- Photography and photo editing of staff and staff events and photo editing of project photography
- Maintaining and updating the image and graphics database
- Interactive presentations and slideshows
- Presentation redesign and formatting
- Management of business cards
- Special projects for billable work: interior graphics, super graphics, and misc. design consulting with practitioner teams
- Website, blog, and social media support, primarily graphic design and photo editing assistance
- Video and sound editing, developing dynamic assets for use on website, in social media, and other applications
Education, Experience, and other Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; graphic design degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Interest in or familiarity with sustainability, architecture, urban design and planning, engineering or other aspects of our industry and company principles
- Dedication to best practices of graphic design
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced skills in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Intermediate skill in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to manage several projects at once
- Demonstrated skill as goal oriented, strategic, self-directed creative contributor
- Ability to consistently communicate the firm’s image and objectives yet tailor content to different audiences
- Demonstrated project management skills to keep projects on schedule and achieve set objectives
To apply please include your portfolio (or a link to your site), cover letter and resume.
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online.