Otak is looking to hire an Architectural Senior Project Manager who has a mix of experience in multifamily housing, commercial, and mixed-use projects. This individual will work in partnership with the project teams and will be accountable for the studio success. The manager will be charged with Client Development, Client Management, Financial success and project teams success. S/he will coordinate with all project team members to ensure the work is completed within the project schedule, maintain and manage client expectations, and lead the documents throughout all phases, including the necessary design and jurisdictional reviews.
Otak’s Architects and Urban Designers produce enduring structures and designs. We establish places that are creative, yet practical, and modern, yet timeless. Our experts bring sustainable design and design excellence to every project, from multifamily housing and transit centers to community buildings, and everything in between.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure design intent and conformance to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards
- Mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff; collaborate and energize the design team to develop solutions to design problems
- Utilize problem solving skills to solve technical and design challenges, while effectively meeting deadlines
- Work in partnership in the preparation of client presentations and present design concepts, drawings, models, etc.
- Interact with the client to define distinctions or points of clarification to achieve project goals
- Participate in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule
- Develop new client relationships and support the marketing and business development activities of the office
What you bring:
- Must have approximately 18+ years of professional architectural experience
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent experience
- Must have obtained architectural registration
- Have advanced knowledge and experience of applicable zoning codes, applicable codes, and implications on design
- Knowledge about sustainability and integrated design
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Project Delivery methods
- Ability to plan and manage design team efforts to effectively meet deadlines and budgets
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD and SketchUp is a plus
- Historic preservation, public or federal project experience is a plus
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.