DAY CPM is now a division of Otak, a multidisciplinary and integrated design firm. This alliance allows us to expand our breadth and depth of Project Management and Owner Representative services. Our mission is to provide responsible management, reliable leadership, responsive communication, and strategic analysis to complex construction projects. We serve as an independent advocate for the owner. Our all-inclusive management process allows clients to focus on their own priorities, while we take care of the rest. Our strong working relationships with engineers, architects, contractors, vendors and subs allows us to keep projects aligned, in-sync and running smoothly.
We are hiring Project Coordinators in Salem, OR who can perform a variety of technical and administrative duties, requiring a working knowledge of planning, design management and construction administration. Supporting the Project Managers, this person is expected to represent us with the utmost professionalism in public settings and to demonstrate a high level of customer service when working with both internal and external stakeholders and clients. Strong interpersonal communication skills are required.
What you’ll do:
- Provide generalized support to the Project Manager (PM) during project lifecycle; pre-design, design, construction & post-occupancy.
- Assist PMs in coordination of work by project consultants, builders, clients and staff.
- Work closely with accounting, legal, project accounting and other associated departments to ensure all required documentation is accurate and complete.
- Participate in the documentation and verification of vendor invoices, including general contractor and subcontractor; enter data in a timely and accurate manner to produce coordinated funding documents for county and state funding.
- Review and analyze consultant reports and coordinate client stakeholder review meetings as assigned by PM.
- Assist PM in maintaining project documentation and filing, including receipt and dissemination of O&M manuals.
- Assist in ensuring appropriate trade and occupant training is conducted as well as resolving warranty issues during post-occupancy phase.
- Participate in the development of client construction design guidelines; basis of Design, functional programming, specifications development, and development of future capital construction bond programs.
- Coordinate consultant work scopes and solicitations with purchasing & contracting as assigned by PM.
- Actively participate in internal and external stakeholder meetings.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse workforce and community.
What you bring:
- Associate's Degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related area is required. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience directly supporting large capital projects from design through construction and closeout.
- Knowledge of building design and construction systems is preferred.
- Ability to compile and analyze data, manage budget documentation and review agreements and contracts.
- Strong accounting, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Bring a collaborative, multi-faceted approach to design, problem solving.
- Experience with project management systems such as E-Builder, Prolog, Primavera, Smartsheet, and SharePoint highly preferred.
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.