This position can be based out of our Portland, OR or Vancouver, WA office
Otak is investing to grow the Transportation Business in the Portland/ SW Washington market. To help lead our growth and diversify our client base, Otak is seeking to hire a Senior Transportation Manager. This person will be responsible for client relationships, positioning and selling Otak’s services, and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams. The work will include a wide variety of projects throughout the region including municipal roadway, grading, drainage, utility, and transit projects for existing and new public clients. The ideal candidate will have existing client relationships, good communication skills and be self-motivated with an enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Participate in business development activities including client meetings and preparation of proposals
- Oversee design services related to roadway, grading, drainage, utilities, and erosion control in conformance with local, state and federal regulations, for a variety of public local agencies
- Oversee preparation of specifications and cost estimates
- Plan and coordinate projects with limited supervision
- Assist in assigning duties and schedules to team member
- Prepare project scope, schedule, and budget
- Provide construction support services
- Mentor internal team staff and support the growth of younger engineers
- Take active role in quality control and quality assurance (QA/QC) program
What you bring:
- Ability to work collaboratively within a creative, professional, team environment
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience as a Civil Engineer, with an emphasis on transportation, public infrastructure, drainage, utilities, site development, and civic projects for DOT and municipal clients
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent education is required
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in good standing is required
- Demonstrated experience with Microstation and AutoCAD/Civil 3D
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.