Are you a transportation industry leader who has strong client relationships with local and state agencies, including the Washington Department of Transportation? As a savvy business developer, do you cultivate connections and deliver a consistent, high-quality product? If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Otak is looking for a regional transportation business unit leader who will foster and maintain client relationships while helping to build our transportation group’s technical capabilities. The ideal candidate keeps current with market trends, is engaged with professional and civic organizations, and knows how to attract the highest-quality candidates for future hires.
Small enough to be nimble and strategic, but big enough to have top talent and exciting projects, Otak is growing and diversifying its transportation offerings. With a comfortable, collaborative work culture, competitive salaries, and great benefits, Otak is an ideal place to work for a strong leader of people and projects.
Based out of Redmond or Everett, Washington, the regional transportation business leader will build Otak’s presence in state and local agency transportation design. We are looking for candidates with extensive design, business development, and management experience, along with established client relationships with public agencies. If you have experience in Oregon or Colorado, managing transportation projects from conception through construction, and using a variety of delivery methods, even better!
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required
- Licensed Washington Professional Engineer required
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in business development, design, management and construction of civil, highway, and bridge engineering transportation projects
- Extensive business development and project management experience
- Proven relationships with Washington local agencies, WSDOT, and other municipal clients
- Strong communications skills
What you'll do:
- Reports to Regional Manager to meet business plan objectives
- Manages regional transportation practice area by effectively using financial reports, sales reports, assessing results, and developing specific actions directly related to business development, growth and profitability
- Responsible for transportation business development in the Puget Sound; will assist with business development in other geographies
- Manage a team of local engineers in the design of major transportation projects
- Assist regional managers to integrate acquisitions into Otak operations
- Assist in the management of a company-wide Transportation QA/QC plan
Why work at Otak?
When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.