WHY BECOME AN OSTRONAUT?
Here at Ostro we help millions of people live healthier lives by being the missing, caring link between those who make medicines, treatments, and diagnostics, and those who take them. We create personalized healthcare journeys that boost engagement for consumers and HCPs, and drive value for life sciences brands.
We are looking for like-minded people eager to join our team and help architect the future of life science commercialization through our enterprise SaaS products. We are a small but mighty team of around 60 (for now!) internationally-based colleagues. As we grow, we are looking for Ostronauts who want to join us on our growth journey to disrupt life science digital marketing and who are ALSO committed to our values of teamwork and honesty!
Our founding team has designed and built companies on the consumer front acquired by Google, as well as enterprise tech companies deployed across The Fortune 500. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world, including RRE Ventures, Bling Capital, Founders Fund, Greycroft, and more.
PERKS OF BEING AN OSTRONAUT:
🖤 Impacting the future of healthcare - your innovations could very likely become the new norm for millions of people.
💪 Working alongside the founders of the company. If you have any entrepreneurial desire to start your own company in the future, you will see first-hand what it takes.
💯 100% fully remote but with frequent opportunities to collaborate in-person.
🖥️ Technology, office setup and co-working space reimbursement!
💃🏾 Freedom and responsibility to structure your work as you desire. We measure output and results and believe freedom allows for maximum ability.
🏖️ Unlimited PTO!
👪 Family leave: up to 10 weeks of 100% paid salary.
✨ Open communication - we believe in being transparent and radically honest with no retaliation.
🥳 Competitive salary and equity
Practice radical honesty, Assume positive intent, Put people first, Win as a team
- At least 5 years of successfully building, implementing, and maturing compliance programs, with experience in pharmaceuticals, life sciences and/or healthcare technology commercialization preferred.
- Practical experience applying the key compliance and regulatory frameworks applicable to Ostro’s business, including in the areas of healthcare fraud and abuse (e.g., FCA, AKS), pharmaceutical and life sciences commercialization (e.g., FDCA), data protection and privacy (e.g., FTCA, HIPAA), and anti-bribery/anti-corruption (e.g., FCPA).
- Strategic, action-oriented, and cross-functional approach to our Compliance work, with an ability to counsel company leaders on the intersection of business objectives and compliance considerations, and to take decisive action in furtherance of both.
- A demonstrated ability to seek out, understand, and pragmatically apply relevant regulatory and compliance developments, and a talent for helping others to understand how these developments impact their own work.
- Enthusiasm to join our growing team and to dive into the diversity and fluidity of projects and issues that make working at a startup so much fun.
We encourage you to apply, even if not every one of the bullets above describe you exactly!
What Do You Have to Look Forward To?
As the Director of Compliance at Ostro, you will have a unique opportunity to build, implement, mature, and lead our compliance program. You will work closely with the executive leadership team to understand and shape our strategic vision, and to ensure that we grow and serve our clients in a distinctively compliant and ethical fashion. You will also have responsibility for the day-to-day operations of our compliance program, including processes and policies, systems, training, auditing and monitoring activities, and second line risk support. The work you do, at this early stage in our journey, will be foundational and transformational for the company, for our clients, and for the millions of end users we serve.
The salary range estimate for this position is $166,250 - $220,500 USD. These numbers are based on our compensation philosophy and US national averages since, as a fully remote company, we do not adjust compensation based on location.
Ostro’s goal is to provide an inclusive and equitable work environment for current and future Ostronauts. In support of our core value of practicing radical honesty, we display our salary range for each job posting across all US locations, whether or not we are required to do so. Within that range, actual compensation is determined by several factors, including but not limited to skills, job expectations, and relevant training.
Our Talent Acquisition Partners can share more information on our compensation philosophy, during initial interviews. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity and benefits.
Ostro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.