Who we are at Osmo:
Osmo is a digital olfaction company, on a mission to give computers a sense of smell to improve the health and wellbeing of human life. Why? Our sense of smell both enriches and saves lives, and has a deep and direct connection to our emotions and memory. Vision and hearing have been digitized, but not scent. It’s time we solve this. We’re bringing an unprecedented combination of software, data, hardware and capital to the historic challenge of giving computers a sense of smell.
We believe in the power of automation and carefully applied AI/ML to solve problems that are beyond what the unaided human mind can tackle on its own. In the first phase of our development, we are using our map of odor along with cutting-edge generative AI to create the next generation of aroma molecules (e.g., the ingredients in the fragrances we wear and the products we use). We're a hybrid company with a laboratory and center-of-mass in Cambridge, MA and New York, NY.
Osmo is seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Laboratory Operations Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will join our growing chemical lab operations team and will and ensuring the. Your responsibilities will include maintenance and organization of our chemical compound inventory, adhering to stringent safety protocols, operating a variety of analytical chemistry instruments, interfacing with lab automation, and assisting with packing and shipping tasks.
- Manage day-to-day chemical lab operations, ensuring smooth and efficient processes.
- Oversee chemical compound inventory, maintain accurate records, and ensure the availability of required materials for research and analysis.
- Follow strict safety protocols in the handling, storage, and disposal of chemical compounds to ensure a safe working environment.
- Operate analytical chemistry instruments to conduct tests, gather data, and support research efforts.
- Interface with lab automation systems, managing automation processes to increase lab efficiency and accuracy.
- Assist in packing and shipping tasks, ensuring that lab products are safely and correctly prepared for transportation.
- Maintain communication with internal teams and external vendors as needed.
- Continuously update knowledge on relevant new scientific methods and equipment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related field; a Master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in a laboratory setting, preferably in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of chemical safety protocols.
- Familiarity with operating analytical chemistry instruments.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
You're Curious, Kind, Communicate Clearly, and Get Stuff Done. You have a first-class mind, and you want to stretch it. You want to work on a nearly impossible goal that serves a deep human need, drawing on a wide diversity of knowledge and skill to achieve it. Where there's a gap, we explore it from first-principles and invent pragmatic solutions. You want to work with world-class, passionate teammates on this adventure into the unknown.
If this role inspires you we’d encourage you to apply. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining an incredible team optimized for a diversity of thought, background, and approaches. All employment decisions and responsibilities are determined based on current ability and your ability to grow, without regard to race, color, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.