Who we are at Osmo:
Osmo is a digital olfaction company, on a mission to give computers a sense of smell to improve the health and wellbeing of human life. Why? Our sense of smell both enriches and saves lives, and has a deep and direct connection to our emotions and memory. Vision and hearing have been digitized, but not scent. It’s time we solve this. We’re bringing an unprecedented combination of software, data, hardware and capital to the historic challenge of giving computers a sense of smell.
We believe in the power of automation and carefully applied AI/ML to solve problems that are beyond what the unaided human mind can tackle on its own. In the first phase of our development, we are using our map of odor along with cutting-edge generative AI to create the next generation of aroma molecules (e.g., the ingredients in the fragrances we wear and the products we use). We're a hybrid company with a laboratory and center-of-mass in Cambridge, MA and New York, NY.
Osmo is seeking a motivated and energetic program manager to drive its ingredient development, platform, and research teams forward in our mission to digitize the sense of smell. The successful candidate will work in close coordination with the leaders of each company-level initiative, and the cross-functional team working on each initiative to enable the execution of the program strategy. We are looking for a fiercely detail and relationships oriented individual with experience achieving managing multiple technical projects successfully.
- Track the progress of company OKRs internally, providing status updates to key decision makers. You’ll build structure and visibility to the initiatives across the company — you drive acquiring and surfacing up-to-date progress on all company-level goals.
- Coordinate research and engineering resources related to strategic external partnership projects
- Be the single ‘go-to’ person for the status of our initiatives and the health of our company
- Support management team leaders through effective planning, communication and relationship building to un-stick pain points and help accelerate scientific and engineering progress. You will leverage organizational dynamics to promote program goals.
- Derisk program strategy by proactively identifying and escalating gaps and challenges. You will collaborate with the team through scenario planning to solve problems.
- Administer the day-to-day activities, including, facilitating cross-functional team meetings, leading discussions to drive decision-making, preparing agenda and meeting minutes, and defining and resolving action items
- Work with the Finance group to implement and track the program budget
- Great attention to detail, a passion for follow-through and relationship building, and clarity of written and verbal communication
- Experience bringing the Goldilocks level of process to the systems you work on — enough process to bring clarity but not too much so we can move fast.
- Program or project management experience in molecular development (discovery, molecular optimization, and regulatory submission) in drug discovery, biotechnology, or other speciality chemicals industry.
- Strong knowledge of project management tools and software (e.g., Google Docs, Google Sheets, Notion, and timeline visualization software)
- BS degree in a scientific field with a minimum of 10 years of experience or MS degree in a scientific field with 6-8 years of experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical or flavor & fragrance setting. Experience working with applications of large-scale datasets and artificial intelligence in the context of chemistry is a plus.
Who You Are…
- Passionate about working in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment, and a desire to wear multiple hats. You are adept at working in a fluid environment and foster a strong collaborative spirit internally and externally
- You’re a leader with strong personal skills to influence without authority, and motivate others and manage conflict. You have the ability to diplomatically navigate internal and external priorities to generate consensus and maximize outcomes
- You want to work on a nearly impossible goal that serves a deep human need, drawing on a wide diversity of knowledge and skill to achieve it. Where there's a gap, we explore it from first-principles and arrive at pragmatic solutions.
- You want to work with curious, candid, collaborative, results-oriented teammates on this adventure into the unknown.
- You are authorized to work in the US and work on-site ≥3 days a week from NYC.
Expected Salary: $130,000 - $170,000
You're Curious, Kind, Communicate Clearly, and Get Stuff Done. You have a first-class mind, and you want to stretch it. You want to work on a nearly impossible goal that serves a deep human need, drawing on a wide diversity of knowledge and skill to achieve it. Where there's a gap, we explore it from first-principles and invent pragmatic solutions. You want to work with world-class, passionate teammates on this adventure into the unknown.
If this role inspires you we’d encourage you to apply. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining an incredible team optimized for a diversity of thought, background, and approaches. All employment decisions and responsibilities are determined based on current ability and your ability to grow, without regard to race, color, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.