Orum is an intelligent all-in-one payments platform that unlocks instant, intelligent money movement in any direction with a single API. Powered by proprietary payment intelligence, Orum optimizes transactions for speed, cost, and risk, enabling intelligent routing across multiple rails – revolutionizing how consumers and businesses send, receive and access money. Orum’s vision is to power a better financial system where everyone has the freedom to build to their potential.
The Orum team is helmed by expert fintech operators from LearnVest, Marqeta, N26, Square, Stripe, and Stash and has raised over $82M from leading investors, including Accel, Canapi, Bain Capital Ventures, Inspired Capital, Homebrew, Acrew, BoxGroup, Clocktower Ventures, Primary Ventures, SVB Capital, and American Express Ventures. To learn more, visit Orum.io.
At Orum, we are a remote-first and people-first company. We believe that working remotely presents a unique opportunity to build a diverse team that opportunistically leverages distance to asynchronously work better. We have thoughtfully invested in the right tools and practices that will enable individuals to bring their best selves to work while having the flexibility and support to enjoy their personal lives. We are committed to cultivating an equitable and inclusive work environment where everyone's voice matters. If you’d like to play a part in crystallizing the vision of a world where money is smart, real time, and fully automated, we’d love to hear from you.
All communication related to recruitment activities will originate from an @orum.io email address. All interviews will be conducted via zoom with video enabled. We will never ask for sensitive information via email. If you suspect you have received a fraudulent job offer, or scam interview, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Role
We are looking for an Account Executive to be the face of Orum to our partners and help us meet our ambitious growth targets. As an Orum Enterprise Account Executive, you are a skillful salesperson, who excels at engaging with business leaders, including CEOs, CFOs, and CTOs. You are a seasoned veteran in navigating and leading complex sales cycles with enterprise organizations. You seek to work on the forefront of technology and financial services, and you enjoy working through technical complexities with enterprise clients. You own the entire sales process end to end, from prospecting to contracting, often collaborating with cross-functional partners to steward deals to close. You lead your sales process with value, taking a consultative approach to client relationships, while following a proven methodology. You are a lifelong learner and problem solver. You are a team player who is accustomed to working through new business problems with internal and external partners. You deliver win-win relationships for clients, partners and internal stakeholders.
You are joining a rapidly growing company and team of experienced technologists and business people excited to be changing the experience of moving money in the US for everyone. This role will report to the Head of Sales.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead the enterprise sales cycle end to end with late-stage-private and public fintechs, banks, and other financial institutions
- Prospecting new opportunities to aid in building top of your personal sales funnel
- Collaborate and negotiate with C-Suite Executives (CEOs, CFOs, CTOs)
- Execute profitable and successful contracts that set up our account management team for success
- Work cross functionally with internal teams to solve customer problems and move deals forward
- Establish expert knowledge of Orum products, features, and metrics to lead insightful conversations with prospects and internal teams
- Build expertise in the financial infrastructure marketplace, especially with regards to payments, ACH and real-time payments (RTP)
- Partner with sales and marketing leadership to further define and refine the go to market strategy and sales process
- Consult with product teams to provide market insights and customer feedback to make our platform better
- Manage the CRM database with customer information, goals, KPIs, and satisfaction quotients, so product and engineering teams can make data-driven decisions
- Achieve and exceed quarterly quota targets to deliver revenue
You Should Apply If:
- You have 7+ years enterprise sales experience with a proven track record of high performance
- Experience in technology, saas, fintech and/or banking is a plus
- You have excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and presentation
- You are an experienced negotiator, balancing selling new and beta products with delivering revenue for the business
- You have consultative sales experience with a product-centric, problem solving mindset
- You’re detail oriented, especially with regards to understanding and documenting customer requirements and complexities
- You’re curious about new technologies and quick to learn new concepts
- You have some familiarity with APIs and will be fast to fluency in our product requirements
- You can lead complex conversations in a highly consultative and proactive manner
- You provide and solicit feedback proactively and view different perspectives as an opportunity to learn and improve
- You’re a self-driven over-achiever who thrives under pressure and loves to exceed expectations
- You have a genuine curiosity and a willingness to learn from and teach others through mutual feedback
At Orum, we pride ourselves on articulating a clear and transparent philosophy around equitable, impartial compensation that will allow us to recruit and retain an exceptional team. Base salary is market driven at the point in time of offer and is based on tier 1 market data. The base salary for this role will range between $135,500 to $165,000 and is determined on a few factors including your skills, prior relevant experience, quality of interviews, and leveling.
About our Benefits
- Location-agnostic premium competitive salary
- Employee stock incentive plan
- 401(k) match
- Access to free, confidential 1-on-1 sessions with trusted financial advisors
- Take what you need PTO
- 12 paid holidays & 1 week company wide paid time off in December
- Paid company wide mental health days
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid medical premiums for you and your family, as well as dental and vision plans
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Expense funds to support team members’ wellbeing
- Medical travel
- Home office
- Biweekly meeting-free deep work days
- Referral bonus incentives
- Ongoing professional development
Not sure if you meet the qualifications? Keep reading…
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have the appropriate qualifications, but don’t meet every single point on the job description, we encourage you to apply. We promise to review your application.
Orum.io provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to developing a barrier-free and inclusive recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.