Founded by Fintech executives from LearnVest, N26 and Stash and backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew and Inspired Capital, Orum is powering the future of financial services by enabling immediate, frictionless money movement. Orum's API-based product gives enterprise customers unique funds availability modeling, empowering them with the information required to shift to real-time payments, and then grants access to real-time payment rails without necessitating a bank integration. Orum’s flagship product, Foresight is currently available via private beta.
We’re a remote-first company building a geographically distributed team. We believe that working remotely presents a unique opportunity to build a diverse team that opportunistically leverages distance to asynchronously work better. If you’d like to play a part in crystallizing the vision of a world where money is smart, real time, and fully automated, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
The Business Operations team is small but mighty. As a member of the team, you will define and drive strategic, operational and organizational improvements at Orum, working directly with leaders and stakeholders across the company. Examples include: refining & implementing Orum’s blockchain strategy, supporting the CEO for quarterly board meetings, crafting & setting up go-to-market for new products.
Because of the unique vertical & horizontal breadth of work within Business Operations, you will have unmatched visibility into how decisions are made and gain deep operating experience at a hypergrowth startup. You will be able to make a permanent home in Business Operations driving high-impact initiatives or if you choose, explore and eventually specialize in another department or function.
What you’ll do
- Define & implement company-wide strategy to drive Orum’s growth and competitiveness within a rapidly changing fintech landscape
- Identify & drive operational, tooling, and organizational improvements to ensure the business is able to execute with speed, agility, and efficiency
- Proactively identify and prioritize improvement opportunities across the business (we follow standard agile practices as a team)
- Lead projects end-to-end: define the work that needs to be done, develop a recommendation, and gather buy-in from stakeholders such as senior execs
- Support high-visibility activities for the executive team, including preparing for board meetings and coordinating the selection & definition of quarterly OKRs
- Design and fill in for new departments as required, defining core processes and responsibilities, and ultimately helping hire a team to hand-off the work
What you need
- 3+ years of experience working in management consulting, private equity, banking, or in a similar business / revenue operations role at a startup
- Experience leading highly strategic, analytical, and operational initiatives in rapidly changing and potentially ambiguous environments
- Experience gathering consensus from senior execs and stakeholders across departments to develop ideas, identify opportunities, and implement solutions
- Financial services & fintech experience is a strong plus but not a requirement
Skills & mindset
- Growth mindset and agile approach to problem-solving. You are excited to take on new challenges from start to finish when no one has the answer
- Ability to self start and create order out of chaos; you are comfortable in unstructured environments
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines, balancing ability to plan ahead while also adjusting to shifting priorities
- Creative & open-minded thinking for new approaches and alternative solutions when traditional best practices are insufficient or inaccessible
- Ability to analyze a market and rapidly identify trends & competitive pressures
- Understanding of key business drivers and ability to identify blockers / friction
- Comfort with with analytics, this may include: building a model for market sizing, helping define & calculate metrics for regular business reporting
- Ability to work both fast and right understanding they are not always trade-offs. Understand when things require precision and where 80% is sufficient
- Thrive on being pushed and challenged. Communicate effectively both in written form and live - not fazed by tough questions in the moment
- Ability think big-picture about what Orum needs, taking a step back from the dail priorities of active projects as necessary
- Strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- Maturity to separate solutions from ego. Focused finding the right answer collaboratively vs always having the right answer
- Ability to drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you
We offer medical, dental and vision health plans, as well as other benefits including a 401K.
Orum.io provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.