About Orr Group:
Orr Group, Inc. is a group of dedicated fundraisers that works hand in hand with our partner organizations in the areas of development, strategy, event planning, and board management. We are looking for full-time or part-time Development Interns to assist our client teams in their day-to-day work.
Who You Are:
- Proactive: You enjoy being busy and taking on new work. You’re not afraid to ask for a project that might seem daunting.
- Detail-oriented: While you thrive in fast-paced environments, you understand that the smallest aspects of a project are vital in producing quality work. Proof-reading, fact-checking, and sourcing work is second nature to you.
- Problem-solver: Surviving in the non-profit industry is an art, not a science. Whether it’s gathering data, rewriting a proposal, or researching industry trends, you are adamant about exploring all options for moving a client forward.
- Team player: You can work efficiently and collaboratively with other interns and employees to manufacture top-notch work. You are communicative, ensuring that all team members are informed of your progress and any challenges that may arise.
- Adaptable: When change happens, you are flexible and can think on your feet. You like to learn new things and can learn them quickly. From education to social work, you have an interest in learning how non-profits garner support and sustain themselves.
What We Offer:
Echoing Green. Equal Justice Works. Pro Mujer. Make-A-Wish.
These are just a few examples of the clients that Orr Group has worked with to grow their impact. As a member of our team, you are offered the opportunity to dive head-first into the infrastructure, research, and processes that drive revenue and growth at these non-profits. In this role, you will help create and refine client deliverables that help non-profits execute capital campaigns, fundraising events, and long-term strategic plans.
You will also have the opportunity to work on a capstone project on a topic of your choice related to the non-profit sector. At the end of the semester, you can present your research to the entire office!
There is no typical day at Orr Group, but if there were, here are some of the tasks you might be doing:
- Gathering data on potential donors, peer non-profits, and charitable industries
- Researching foundations to understand their strategic interest and soliciting potential
- Supporting Associates in managing and tracking data in donor databases/CRM platforms
- Preparing the first draft of client deliverables across all Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Assisting with mailings, client materials preparation, and special projects as assigned
- Assisting the marketing team on various projects such as tracking social media engagement and monitoring client/prospect activities.
- Supporting staff as they prepare for client events including galas, cultivation lunches, or board presentations
- Other administrative and physical duties as assigned
- Target Start Date: June 5, 2023
- Paid Internship: $17.00/hour
Must have a Bachelor’s degree or be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program. Cover Letters encouraged. Orr Group is monitoring COVID-19 and its impact on our in-person work policies. We are currently in the office minimum two days a week.