Originate was founded in 2007. Headquartered in San Francisco, we have over 100 employees across our offices in New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Las Vegas, and Newport Beach. We are the on-demand accelerator for companies across the world. Regardless of industry or location, companies looking to explore new ideas and new opportunities turn to Originate as their trusted and capable innovation partner.
Who Are We?
Originate is a concept-to-launch software company. We partner with enterprises and mature startups to accelerate their time from ideation to market. Our goal is to help our people and our partners to realize their potential faster in an evolving, uncertain world. Whether it's enabling a business to lead in an existing market or to enter into a brand new one, we have the experience and we want to help.
At the heart of Originate is a deep appreciation for ideation and innovation. We are continuously curious and thrive on making impossibilities possible. Our practice consists of technology-agnostic experts specializing in rapid prototyping, agile methodology, and large scale application design. We love bringing products to the end user and using their feedback to iterate on features.
Who Works at Originate?
Originators are talented, creative, humble, and motivated self-learners. New and emerging technologies inspire us to create not only new products but new kinds of products. We thrive on collaboration and have teamed up with countless partners to resolve complex technology and business challenges across a diverse set of fields. Individually we are unique, collectively we are inventive, and in partnership we are unmatched.
Talent Team at Originate
As a Recruiter at Originate, your biggest goal will be to ensure candidates have a great experience, no matter the outcome. We value honesty and transparency and are looking for someone that will reflect that in every interaction. We are growing our Product, Design, and Engineering groups across the U.S., which means you will be interacting with Originators and candidates in multiple time zones. You will genuinely be able to impact the recruiting practice and the organization as a whole.
We work in a rapidly changing environment and the best candidates usually aren’t available for long. A vital part of the job is to ensure stakeholders are communicating and on the same page, and to guarantee a smooth, timely process that empowers the team to make decisions quickly.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Advocate Originate’s culture. We are a people first company. We hire individuals that we can trust and that are passionate about teaching and learning through collaboration. We see the value in a diverse and inclusive organization and aim to create a healthy and positive environment for all.
- Proactively identify and prioritize hiring needs. Partner with hiring managers across multiple disciplines to prioritize needs based on growth areas and upcoming projects.
- Help define and perfect our Recruiting Brand. Collaborate on writing job descriptions, creating recruiting materials, and developing sourcing campaigns that will help us attract active and passive candidates.
- Manage the entire candidate experience. Review resumes, conduct phone screens, coordinate onsite/remote interviews, and advise on hiring decisions and offer packages. Attention to detail and a sense of urgency are a must.
We are willing to train the right person in some areas, but the ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- 3+ years of recruiting experience in the tech community
- Strong knowledge of Google Apps (Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Docs, etc.)
- Experience working with Greenhouse ATS
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed for specific projects, deadlines, and/or events
- Previous experience hiring engineers is a must!
- Previous experience in hiring product managers and designers would be a huge plus!