Originate was founded in 2007. Headquartered in San Francisco, we have over 150 employees across our offices in New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Las Vegas, and Newport Beach. We are the on-demand accelerator for companies across the world. Regardless of industry or location, companies looking to explore new ideas and new opportunities turn to Originate as their trusted and capable innovation partner.
Who are We?
Originate is a concept-to-launch software company. We partner with enterprises and mature startups to accelerate their time from ideation to market. Our goal is to help our people and our partners to realize their potential faster in an evolving, uncertain world. Whether it's enabling a business to lead in an existing market or to enter into a brand new one, we have the experience and we want to help.
At the heart of Originate is a deep appreciation for ideation and innovation. We are continuously curious and thrive on making impossibilities possible. Our practice consists of technology-agnostic experts specializing in rapid prototyping and agile methodology. We love bringing prototypes to the end user and using their feedback to iterate on the product.
Who Works at Originate?
Originators are talented, creative, and motivated self-learners. New and emerging technologies inspire us to create not only new products but new kinds of products. We thrive on collaboration and have teamed up with countless partners to resolve complex technology and business challenges across a diverse set of fields. Individually we are unique, collectively we are inventive, and in partnership we are unmatched.
Our LA team is looking for a dynamic part-time Office Manager to support our office operations. You will play a key role in promoting and maintaining a positive office culture and making sure our partners and employees have the resources they need to be happy and productive.
- Greet visitors and connect them with their respective hosts
- Execute a wide-range of administrative and office management tasks
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the executives and team members as needed. Including but not limited to travel support, calendar management and expense reporting and processing
- Order office supplies, keep kitchen and conference rooms stocked, clean and organized
- Handle purchase orders, payables, budgets, expense reports, and vendor management
- Coordinate meetings between partners and Originate employees, manage conference room bookings and help plan office activities and events as needed
- Help the finance team with processing expense receipts
- Assist with employee onboarding/offboarding paperwork and process
- Oversee logistics for the upcoming LA office move
- Liaison between building management and Originate
- Support on-site and remote employees with tech equipment requests and office space logistics
- Record LA employees out of office dates within the company-wide calendar
- Collaborate with the on-site Recruiters to ensure every candidate has a pleasant interview experience at Originate
The Ideal Candidate
- Brings passion, energy and creativity to our LA office
- Knows how to work with different personality types and has the ability to adjust to meet each of their needs
- Is a detailed and empathic communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Has the ability to learn things quickly and thrives in a fast-paced environmentIs resourceful; finds a way to get things done regardless of circumstances and without sacrificing quality
- Available to work on average 20-30 hours a week, exact schedule is negotiable
- Can work flexible hours when needed for specific projects, deadlines, and/or office events
- Has strong knowledge of Google Apps (Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Docs, etc.)