Originate was founded in 2007. Headquartered in San Francisco, we have over 150 employees across our offices in New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Las Vegas, and Newport Beach. We are the on-demand accelerator for companies across the world. Regardless of industry or location, companies looking to explore new ideas and new opportunities turn to Originate as their trusted and capable innovation partner.
Who are We?
Originate is a concept-to-launch software company. We partner with enterprises and mature startups to accelerate their time from ideation to market. Our goal is to help our people and our partners to realize their potential faster in an evolving, uncertain world. Whether it's enabling a business to lead in an existing market or to enter into a brand new one, we have the experience and we want to help.
At the heart of Originate is a deep appreciation for ideation and innovation. We are continuously curious and thrive on making impossibilities possible. Our practice consists of technology-agnostic experts specializing in rapid prototyping and agile methodology. We love bringing prototypes to the end user and using their feedback to iterate on the product.
Who Works at Originate?
Originators are talented, creative, and motivated self-learners. New and emerging technologies inspire us to create not only new products but new kinds of products. We thrive on collaboration and have teamed up with countless partners to resolve complex technology and business challenges across a diverse set of fields. Individually we are unique, collectively we are inventive, and in partnership we are unmatched.
Our Tech Environment
New products are built primarily using Scala, Java, Node.js, Go and any number of front-end technologies (React, GraphQL, Webpack, Redux, etc.). Mobile development is both iOS and Android.
Software is packaged with Docker and deployed with CircleCI on top of AWS and Kubernetes. We leverage open source data technologies such as DynamoDB, Spark, Kafka and PostgresSQL. Infrastructure is configured using Ansible and Terraform and monitored using Datadog.
You’ll find individuals experimenting with everything else (Haskell, Clojure, Elixir, Kotlin, Rust, etc.) and we’re always ready to use a new language or a new framework when it’s ready or when a project dictates. We work in small, fast-paced, cross-functional agile teams.
What We're Looking For
- You enjoy your craft and love working with others who feel equally strong about their professions
- Experience using modern tools to automate medium to large production systems
- Recent experience with Docker and container management software
- Proficient in shell scripting and at least one high-level language
- Strong knowledge in configuring AWS services and understanding of best practices
- Experience automating deployment pipelines in a continuous integration environment
- Experience in big data system design
- Experience in monitoring and logging processes and technologies
- Ability to implement best practices in security and data management
- Interest in fostering a DevOps culture